Monday, February 28, 2011

Rain clouds that never cease.

Literally, the rain just proceeded to fall from sky for hours, which kind of put a damper on my mood. But hey, at least I wasn't outside when the initial flash flood hit! Haha. Alas, I was sitting in my classes fighting off the urge to pass out into slumber. I will get more than five hours of sleep tonight! I will!

So yeah, after my classes I went to Green's to grab some lunch. I had planned on taking a nap after eating, but instead I took that time to catch up on Proverbs and just kind of fiddle around on the computer. Relaxing in my room had much the same effect as a nap! Who would've thought? Not I! At any rate, I visited Hannah and Jenn in the library for a bit before heading over to the Groove, which was lovely as always. Afterwards, I met up with my small group at D-hall before going to our Bible study. We talked about temptation, and it was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And now I am sitting in Carrier. I'm not doing homework, but I just emailed the SAO alum, updated the SAO blog, and now I'm about to send out a few more emails before walking back to Eagle. If I play my cards right, I could get at least 9 hours of sleep! Woop woop!

On a separate topic, I think I'm kind of like the girl in this video:

I notice that there are certain issues that, even though I'm not really struggling with them anymore, I'm not willing to let go of. I don't know why though! If a comment is ever brought up that remotely relates, it's almost as if I want to be like, "Oh yeah! I struggle with that too!" But inside I know that I'm really not. I lifted that burden up to God and He relieved me of it, so why am I sitting here trying to tug it back into my own grasp? It makes no sense. Absolutely irrational. Give it up, self! Be happy and satisfied! Drill the truth into your mind and accept it as such! That's such a struggle, isn't it? How is it that something so easy in concept can be so hard to act on? This is quite a pickle we've found ourselves in. One day, loves. One day we will get it right.

I love you all! Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment