Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Calm.

That's the one word I feel like I can use to describe today. I didn't really get worked up over anything, there wasn't much stress, and I was actually pretty productive. I read my chapter on Buddhism after psyc and before getting lunch with Rachel. I then went to the library and finished The Bell Jar {finished in a little over 24 hours!} before going to my next class. I saw Jenn at the bus stop, and she held my hand :) I don't know why, but little things like that make me smile. After health I got dinner with Brandi, whom I love and adore :) I love that I can talk to and confide in her, and she's just a lovely friend to have :) I then managed to get myself into Worldbeat before coming back to my dorm to start the Proverbs Project {hence my previous post}. I'm rather stoked about that. And yeah, ever since then I've kind of been dawdling around on facebook and whatnot.

So, and interesting thought was posed by one of my sisters at our last business meeting. We were challenged to think about what our greatest struggle was. A simple struggle isn't hard for me to identify, but my greatest one? I'm honestly not 100% certain, but I think I have an inkling-- which actually kind of ties in with my inability to pinpoint it. I think my greatest struggle is recognizing that I actually have struggles that need to be addressed. I rarely pray about and reflect on obstacles in my own life. I would much rather talk to everyone about what they're going through and what's weighing on their heart. The burdens of others are of a much higher priority to me than my own. That doesn't mean that I overlook the fact that I struggle, but I simply don't lift all of those issues up to God the way I do with the prayer requests of my friends, family, and loved ones. I'm not suggesting that I want to develop a selfish mindset, because I don't think I ever could {and I certainly wouldn't want to}. But scripture tells us to cast all of our burdens onto Him, and that includes my own...

"6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
{1 Peter 5:6-7}


"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
{Philippians 4:6-7}


"Cast your cares on the LORD 
   and he will sustain you; 
he will never let 
   the righteous be shaken."
{Psalm 55:22}

Something to work on, right? Hmm. Today has been good to me. I love you all! Goodnight :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

That is something I struggle with to. It's hard to look into yourself on a daily basis and really search out what is standing between you and the Lord. I will be praying for you :) I love you and I miss you so much!

Post a Comment