Sunday, February 20, 2011

Proverbs 18

Be a friend to everyone; let us not have a self-centered life. Our own opinions are of no value if they have no foundation in the teachings of our Father. Have no associations with the wicked. Always strive to bring justice to those who desperately are in need of it. To speak foolishness is to bring about your own demise. A sluggard is just as bad as one who tears down the work of others. The Lord is our strength; only He can provide us with protection and support. Do not be prideful; be humble! Do not speak without receiving judgement and understanding. Seek it out; do not let your words be rash. Make sure you hear both sides of an argument; only hearing one side can lead to misinformed and incorrect judgement. Let your words be fruitful, and you will find satisfaction with the Lord. Words are powerful, point blank. We are not above pleading for mercy. Trust me, we need it. In regards to friends, it isn't about quantity. {Wait for the cliche.....} It's about quality. I know that I have so many friends who love me enough to listen, care for, and help me when I need it. And I make it a priority to do the same. If you wish to have a friend that "sticks closer than a brother," be one yourself :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment