Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Ones, RUN!"

And run I did. It wasn't in any particular direction, it wasn't a race, I was in my bare feet, and it was glorious! I took a class at UREC tonight called JMU Grooves, and it's a kind of dance workout class that also involves some improv and a lot of lovely freedom. During the song Jai Ho {Slumdog version. Love it!}, we were divided in half {groups one and two}. Throughout the song, the instructors were telling both groups to either run, freeze, or hide. But to run, for me, was so incredible for some reason. I felt like I was a  small child, literally just very giddy and full of energy. I don't think I stopped smiling during those parts; scratch that, I was beaming! I ran at full speed as much as possible, even when that meant accidentally plowing into someone... Woops! Haha. Something about that activity was just so empowering! Inhibitions out the window! I felt so incredibly free and wonderfully out of control :) Twas lovely, dear friends :)

The freedom to express myself through movement is something I have missed tremendously, and tonight reminded me of that. During this class, we specifically confronted the people and things in our lives that have told us that our physical selves are not good enough or that we have to look a certain way. As we were winding down, we were instructed to sing the song "You are so beautiful" to ourselves. It wasn't awkward, and it presented the challenge of accepting the fact that you are in fact lovely, a beautiful creation. Meditating on that brings out some buried emotions, but it is not a bad thing. If anything, it is necessary. I don't know how to adequately explain it, but perhaps you should try it yourself, and do not feel foolish doing so! Sit in a comfortable position, place your hands over you heart, close your eyes, and sing. Believe what your saying, and accept it as truth :) Before we al left, we were challenged to hug three people we didn't know, and I loved that everyone actually did it! I LOVE hugging people! It doesn't matter if I know them or not :) I know this was one big tangent talking about something that only took up an hour and thirty minutes of my day, but it was just so awesome :) Thanks for sticking with me, for those of you who did :) I love you all!

The run-down:

  • Class.
  • Lunch with Steph :)
  • Proverbs Project :)
  • Nap.
  • Dinner with Taylor :)
  • Groove!
  • Sauna with Taylor, Courtney, Brandi, and Hannah :)
  • Penthouse.

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment