Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mini-tangents.

Today went a little something like this: Class, nap in Carrier, lovely lunch with Ally {one of my Justice Team leaders}, psyc reading, the Groove {still SO fun}, small group, talk to be beloved Elizabeth {miss you!}, finish pyc reading/quiz, shower, and now I'm here.

Reem is snoring.... I've never heard her do that before. Sorry, that was random....

I am definitely going to be taking the groove on a weekly basis, at least that's my goal. You just let it all go and have fun with the people around you, whether you know them or not. Tonight was pretty cool because some of my sisters were there {Hannah, Nicole, Steph, and Taylor}, and then Taylor Vance {who I have been friends with since middle school} was there too! Fun stuff, I tell you. Playing the "drums" on Hannah's head, hopping around after each other, pumping face-offs, exchanging huge exaggerated open-mouth smiles.... It's just great I tell you :)

I'm starting to feel more loved the longer and longer I'm here. Sure, I still have a mild fear of rejection {and by that I mean that I might come on weird or too strong and people will want to avoid me like the plague}, but I feel like I'm beginning to form some truly amazing relationships {especially with a few of my sisters}. It makes me so happy, I just don't even know how to express it on here :)

Shifting gears....

One of the primary things I have learned from Proverbs Project is the God is easily accessible if we seek Him out. In chapter 1, Solomon explains to us how Wisdom is shouting at every corner and crying out to us. God wants us to turn our ear, open our heart, and allow ourselves to hear and accept His knowledge as truth. By simply turning to God and seeking His advice, He will supply us with wisdom. His wisdom serves as guidance in our lives. He CAN direct our paths and He WILL speak into the lives of those who reach out for Him. In Proverbs 4, we get this insight:

"The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom." {v. 7}

Many look at that and think "That's common sense." However, some of us so easily overlook it! If you are lost, confused, lacking direction, uncertain, etc., then just seek His wisdom! You CAN and WILL be made wise! Do not think that God is unable to speak to you. He can do so at any time and by any means.  He cannot be confined or limited to our misconceptions, and He won't be.

I'm sorry if that seemed random, but I had a conversation today that compelled me to throw that out there. No matter where you are in your walk, God can be and wants to be in open communication with you. We are loved, dear friends. And what a blessing it is!

Goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment