Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why would you offer Elementary Portuguese 2 but not 1?

Hello all! Today was pretty average I'd say. I had a minor fail this morning when I made myself a delicious cup of Tazo tea and then forgot to take it with me when I left my room (ugh!), but never fret! I drank the luke-warm chamomile when I got back! Don't judge me; I don't like to be wasteful, haha! Anyways, I got lunch with Taylor Hudson today {from SAO}, and it was a lovely time indeed. We got to talk about a little bit about our relationships with our families and also about how impacting the testimonies of others are. I really love meaningful conversations, ones where you can share something about you or your life without necessarily turning into an emotional wreck. It can be refreshing and almost therapeutic to just say what's on your mind and be real with someone--whether it be a family member, acquaintance, or a friend. Small talk can be nice, but those aren't really the types of conversations that are remembered are they? But anyways! That was a fun time :) From there I pit-stopped by the library to see when I can register for spring classes {November 10, 12:30 PM} before going to government. I didn't do so well on my iRAT, but on the plus side our team got a 100 on the tRAT! Anyways, I came back to the room after that to finish taking notes for PSYC, took a 15ish minute nap, and then went to small group! Can I just say how much I love my small group? Haha, there was one point where literally every person in D-hall was staring at our table {no literally I checked}! It all started with a funny noise/face made my Melissa, then Kim started laughing and turned completely red, then Kaci was laughing at Kim's face, and at that point I was already laughing at Kim but Kaci's laugh jsut made everyone else laugh and yeah... It was legit :) Our eyeballs leaked... a lot. Then, before we started out Bible study, we played this game called "pterodactyl." Yeah, you have to either squawk or say "pterodactyl" to the person next to you to try to make them laugh, but you can't show your teeth. The moment you do, you're out. It was so funny! I made it to the final two, but Ryan beat me. At any rate, we studied Galatians chapter 4, and it really confused me until I read it in The Message. But once I understood it, I really loved the message behind it. There are always going to be people in our lives that want to control us and make us think that we are dependent on them. But should we give in to this method of thinking, we lose sight of the fact that we are to depend on God and that His law is far superior to that which is created by man. Also, as children of the Lord, we are given His inheritance! We are His seeds and His heirs! Ahh! No longer are we deprived of freedom like a slave, for we were not born into slavery. We were born into freedom as God's sons and daughters, and it's all because of Jesus! Praise be to Him!

"17Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may be zealous for them. 18It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you."
{Galatians 4:17-18}


"4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir."
{Galatians 4:4-7}

Upon returning to my dorm, I decided to plan out all of my classes for next semester {talk about frustration!}. I spent hours trying to find a way to make my classes work while also finding professors with good ratings. This process took so long because everyone and their cousin was on "rate my professor," thus making it extremely slow. {And, as the title of this post suggests, there is not an appropriate Portuguese class available for me to take.} However, I think I finally have a schedule concept that works. In addition to Ethical Reasoning {which I'm pre-registered for}, I plan to take PSYC 101 {self-explanatory}, Health, Religions of the World, and Sign Language! I'm not gonna lie, the thought of learning sign language kind of make me excited, haha! I just wish that it wasn't at 9:05 on east campus... Oh well! Whining shall get me nowhere! I am very sleepy now, so I shall take my leave. Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment