Friday, October 15, 2010

"I won't get by-y-y on mere imagin-AY-tion!"

A*teens love!
Haha. today was good! I woke up at 11, and didn't really do anything until 12:20 when I met Kim to walk over to Market One to have lunch with Page {from our small group}! I love those two girls; we're like peas in a pod :) Once we left there, I went to the building where my next class was and just messed around on facebook for a while. I finally decided to give my speech today in GCOM, haha. It went well! {Or at least I hope so!} Elizabeth and Susanne said I did a good job, so that's encouraging :) PSYC was actually pretty easy to pay attention in today. Not that I'm normally distracted, but you know what I mean. It didn't seem to drag on for forever and a day. Afterwards, I came back to my room, dropped my stuff off, and caught a bus over to Festival to interview Amber {an SAO sister}. I had thought we were going to eat dinner while we were there, but we didn't. It wasn't a big deal though! We had some awesome conversation, and I really did enjoy it! She was kind enough to drop me off by the commons so that I could meet up and have dinner with my small group at 6:15. We went to D-hall and took advantage of "cheesy thursday." Wondering what that is? Well, that is when they serve grilled cheese and soup as well as cheesecake for desert! Twas yummy! Haha, while I'm on the topic of JMU food, please watch this video. I wasn't joking in my tweet where I thanked the mountains for the lack of "freshman 15." Here at JMU, you can eat as many D-hall burgers as you want and you'll be fine. I speak from experience; haha! Plus, I just think this parody is really humorous, haha!

{And for the record, I'm actually extremely stingy with my dining dollars. Haha!}

Then my small group and I headed over to Taylor for "City on a Hill," which was an opportunity for some members of IV to share their experiences of worship, witness, and coming to accept Christ's love through music, dance, drama, and the telling of stories. I really enjoyed that! And it was also really cool because Betsey, my small group leader, shared a story from her semester abroad, and about how she helped lead one of her friend's back to God :) The event was really rather inspiring :) I walked back to Eagle with Brianna and Brittany, and as always we pretty much laughed the whole time. Love that! Since I've been back, I've got some stuff together for my trip home(!), skyped Heather, showered, and danced around my room.... I can do that when Danielle's not here :) Haha! I am so wired right now! But I really do need to sleep. I love you all! Tomorrow, I am Richmond bound! Eeeeeeeep! I cannot wait to see all of my lovelies! Goodnight!

Amber's favorite verse:
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
{Romans 12:2}

1 comments:

Evan said...

That's the best opening line to anything ever. Why do you happen to love everything I grew up on??

Post a Comment