Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So many thoughts

swirl around in my brain over the course of a day, and I only wish I could retain the initial spark that made me want to blog about them in the first place. But over the course of time, homework, and stress the inspiration has waned... It really is a pity. But I think I'll give a shot anyhow.

God's timing is never a coincidence. It is always perfect and intentional. I will often credit the appearance of opportunities to luck or an accidental stumble-upon, but the truth is that our Father knew that these things would take place; and He knew that I would be here in this very place and time to embrace and experience these opportunities. My Father knows what's best for me. He knows not only the direction I will take in life, but also the course in which He wants me to take. That's kind of a scary thought, isn't it? God has things in this life that He wants us to do, but He also knows if and when we will mess it all up. {Thank you, free will.} But it's marvelous to know that we are loved no matter how awful our state. Praise and thanks be to God for grace, mercy, and salvation through His son Jesus Christ :)


"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will..."
{Ephesians 1:11}

"But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."
{Psalm 33:11}

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
{Jeremiah 29:11}


The other night, when watching the end of the Exorcism of Emily Rose, I was reminded of a question that has lingered in my brain before. The question involves a lot of "what ifs" and circumstantial inquiries, but my solution is generally always the same. Would I sacrifice myself if it benefitted the lives of others? When I say "myself," that doesn't necessarily mean my life; it can include/encompass my health, well-being, or potential gain. In the movie, Emily hears the voice of Mary, and she gives Emily two options. One is to be freed from her human body and be free in the peace and glory of Heaven. The other option is to remain in her human body until its natural death and continue to suffer the torture of being invaded by the six demons that inhabited it, but by doing so others would come to Christ and be saved. Her choice was to remain on earth. She suffered so that others would come to know God. I'd like to think I'd do the same. I know it's easier to say than if you were really in such a situation, but looking at it logically brought me to that conclusion. I would rather have others reap the benefits of salvation than obtain my own personal satisfaction. Even on a smaller scale, I would gladly give up anything I could to ensure that someone else could prosper and be happy. I would rather bear burdens and struggles than have my friends overwhelmed by them, and I would rather endure pain and suffering than to watch others go through it... And that is that.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
{John 15:13}


"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers [and sisters]."
{1 John 3:16}

There are certain people in my life that I hope to remain there forever. I sometimes wonder if they feel the same way, or if one day our relationship will be a distant memory. That may seem silly to think about, but how often does that happen? How many times has that already taken place in our lives? I don't wish for anyone to go anywhere. And more than anything I want us to stay as close as we are now. That is one of my biggest prayers, that nothing will be lost or diminished. I love you all too much for that! You have helped shaped who I am as a person and you make my life one full of joy and love :) I know I've said this before, but I can never thank you all enough for everything you've done in my life. You are my biggest inspiration, and my most beloved treasure. Goodnight, my dear loves :)

And on a rather random note, I really love this song :) I used to be obsessed with it back in middle school.

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I love that God has perfect desires and plans for us. It is so comforting and I feel like I can just sit back and relax and watch Him do His thing. Now I really want to see the Exorcism of Emily Rose! Haha. Although, I think I would not be able to sleep for years after word. Um, that song is.... so nineties! Paha! I really love that.

I love you so so so much!

P.S. As cheesy as this sounds: Friends forever. Promise :)

Post a Comment