Monday, October 11, 2010

"I can't take you seriously with your voice sounding like that."

I have heard that TOO many times in the past 24 hours. I sound even worse today then I did yesterday! Wahhhh :( That didn't stop me from being vocal though! This morning Brittany, Brianna, and I rode with Melissa and Irene over to Aletheia for the 9:00 service. I sang as much as my body would allow before breaking out into coughing fits. I'm really glad it's extremely loud in that church, otherwise people would have been not so appreciative of my dreadful sounding worship. The sermon today was kind off all over the place. I felt a little overwhelmed to the point where my brain went numb. I thought it was just me, but it turns out all the girls I went with felt the same way. I think it was just because he flew through this outline of the entire book of Romans! I couldn't even take legit notes because he was moving on so quickly. Anyways, once we left there, we came back to the dorm and {after talking to Andrea for a little while} I decided I should do some homework. So I did some SOCI, ate lunch {with Brianna, Brittany, Andrea, Susanna, Courtney, and Kelsey}, and then finished my SOCI by 2:30. At that point, it was time to start studying for my SAO quiz on the founders and whatnot. I will just say this, God blessed me with amazing short term memory :) So yeah, class was fun. Five of us went to Festival afterwards for some dinner, and I got this amazing crepe filled with strawberries, blueberries, nutella, whipped cream, and topped with powdered sugar. Yummm!

Since I've gotten back, I've done my iRAT for government {may or may not have momentarily dozed off in the process}, showered, and completed my stupid Go for the Gold test for GCOM. I am so ready for bed! But oh yeah! Today I decided to find a nifty way to wear the free XL tee shirt I got a while ago about stopping hazing. Check it:
{I was trying to work my timer, and I failed. But for some reason I like this picture enough to not delete it... I don't know! Haha.}

Haha, I was surprised how many people actually complimented me on that. People legit thought it was cute! That made me happy, not gonna lie :) Well, goodnight my sweet loves! I'll be back tomorrow as always!

Nicoles other favorite verse:

 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

{Philippians 4:4-9}

2 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

um, jesus, please heal s-tef. i do not like it when she is a poor sicky. she mustn't go through that! in jesus name, be healed :)

i really really love your innovative way to wear that shirt! seriously, so cute!

i love you dearest! forevermore!

E.B. said...

that is a pretty piece of food.

Post a Comment