Monday, October 11, 2010

There's shaving creme in my nose...

Today, today, today.... classes were normal. Nothing exciting or out of the ordinary happened. Oh! But I did get an A on my first government exam! Hoorah! Anyways, once classes were done with, I went to Starbuck's with Ainslie {one of my SAO sisters} to interview her. It was quite fun :) Once I got back to the dorm, I proceeded to do almost no homework and hangout in Brittany and Brianna's room instead. We watched youtube videos of people who think they can sing, and we reminisced on old 90s music along with the TV shows of our childhood {amongst other things}. Twas lovely :) Then, at 6, it was off to small group! We had dinner at D-hall, sang to Alyssa in front of everyone, and presented her with cake while wearing party hats on the steps of Wilson :) In our Bible study, we went through chapter two of Galatians. You know what I love about Bible study? You find so much more meaning and qualities of scripture then you do if you were just reading it! I love it when someone picks up on something that I missed or has an opinion that totally ratifies your original impression of a verse's meaning! It really is mind blowing. When I first read this chapter, there are SO many things that I overlooked: Paul held Peter accountable; by dying to the law we are freed from earthly chains; and God doesn't compare us to anyone else in this world, so why do we? And even if these truths weren't shocking revelations, it was still awesome to see them interlaced in a chapter that was seemingly a transition segment.

"God does not judge by external appearance..." 
{Galatians 2:6}


"[K]now that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified." 
{Galatians 2:16}


I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" 
{Galatians 2:21}


But alas, the small group excitement did not end there! Yes, WE HAD A SHAVING CREME FIGHT ON THE QUAD! So epic!


{All photo cred goes to Kim!!!}


Goodnight dear friends! Sleep well! I love you!


Liz's favorite verse:
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
{John 14:1}

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

congrats on you A!!!! thats wonderful :) i miss you, dear. very, very much!

Post a Comment