Thursday, October 14, 2010

"I should like to give you... a thimble."

Oh Peter Pan, you do make me smile :)
Anyhow, today seemed to begin at a dreadfully early hour. Classes were nothing new or exciting, so I'll spare you the monotonous redundancy. After government, I met up with Nicole {one of my gamma sisters} for some Starbuck's in Carrier Library. It was really nice to just sit back and talk about what it is that we want to do with our lives, and why we're passionate about these things. God placed certain people and obstacles in our lives for a reason. He intended to use these experience as a molding for our future aspirations and life in general.

"27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."
{John 10:27-30}


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
{Jeremiah 29:11}


Taking these things into account, I have more heavily pondered a potential career path as a social worker, but I am praying about it in hopes that God will steer me where I am needed and where he wants me. Something inside of me is saying that the latter may be where I'm headed, for there was a purpose in placing this issue in the forefront of my mind and heart, but we shall see. I have no need or desire to forget my passion about global injustice, but perhaps and can have my cake and eat it too. Maybe.... Well, let me continue on if you don't mind my doing so. I came back to my dorm to do some homework before going to get dinner at Market One with Brittany. And when our bellies were full, we went out to the quad to sit in line for free Purple-out teeshirts. Good thing everyone and their cousin doesn't wear a small. Oh wait....
{The line from my perspective...}
{Okay, ignore the "100" thing. See that black circle? That represents where the table was. See the arrows? Those represent the line for JUST the smalls. Yes, it "T"ed off in both directions so that we wouldn't stretch all the way to the performing arts building. Craziness!}

Yeah, Brittany and I waited in line for about an hour. But hey! You gotta love free stuff! {Especially when you can wear it :) Teehee!} Anyways, since we got back to Eagle, I've finished my SOCI homework for friday, watched Peter Pan {Jeremy Sumpter version}, showered, and now blogged! I think it is time for some shut-eye. But before I do, I need to get this out of my system:

Dear GCN,
Please stop depriving me of the already little time I have with my beloved friends!
Love, Stephanie

Okay, goodnight! I love you all!

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

good grief, you get so much free stuff in college. i can't wait!

i love you dearly, i am sorry i never told you that i wasn't gonna skype.. friend fail. buuut, i want to attempt to skype tonight! mk, well, i love you very very much! always and forever!

Post a Comment