Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jolt! Slizzard! Thrust! Hair! Costumes! Dance! Dance! Dance!

Today was AWESOME! I woke up at 12 {since I didn't go to sleep until 3}, and that felt divine :) I do love sleep; I do indeed! Then, around 1:30, I went to lunch with Kim at D-hall. We ate yummy food and discussed life. I love talking to my little Kimberly :) We just kind of get each other, and I never have to worry about her judging me or anything. It's comforting, you know? From there, we decided to go to Walmart to get our Halloween costumes! They're going to be epic. But we're keeping it on the down-low because it needs to be a surprise for our small group at the IV dance party next week! Woop woop! Once I put my stuff in my room, I met up with Kristina Elliot for some dinner. I got nachos instead of a salad, and I didn't even care because they were delicious gosh darn it! Haha. Anyways, I meant to be productive in the time after dinner and before the IV dance party, but that was a fail {as you probably could have guessed}. At any rate... I AM SO GLAD I WENT TO THE PARTY! We were all dancing like crazy people and enjoying some Jolt energy drink in the process! Kim and I in particular had an amazing time dancing and flailing {and in my case hair swinging and head-banging, haha!}. Kimberly took some legit pictures, and she deserves all the photo cred!
{JOLT!}
{The rest can be seen on facebook!}

Who needs alcohol?! Not us! I am so stoked for next week! Eeeeep! Anyways, I've been working on my testimony tonight, and it's more difficult than I thought. It's not that I can't describe my process of coming to Christ, but I just want to say it right if that makes sense. I have to read it out loud tomorrow at my SAO candidate class, so please be praying that it goes well. Like I said, I'm rather nervous...

On the way out of my dorm tonight, I was approached by these two brothers who weren't representing any church or organization, but were trying to spread the Gospel. They asked if I wouldn't mind answering a thought-provoking question; I said yes. They asked, "If you were to die tonight, and you were standing at the feet of God, what would you say if God asked you why you deserved to go to Haven?" Intense question, right? This is the answer I gave them: "Honestly, I've done nothing to deserve eternal life; none of us have. I know that I sin, and that I do so every day. The only reason I even have the possibility of obtaining eternal life is because of Jesus's sacrifice and God's love, grace, and mercy." And once I said that, a chord was kind of struck, because I realized just how true it was. I don't deserve to live in Heaven. I'm not entitled to spend an eternity with my Father. He is so Holy, and I am a wretch. And yet, He shows us more love than any human being could ever fathom. He sacrificed his Son for us. He pulls His children into His arms despite the fact that we are constantly slapping Him in the face with our sin! I am so thankful to have a Father that will never leave me or forsake me. His love is unconditional and unending, and it is given to us freely! No strings attached! It's just so crazy, and so incredibly humbling. Thank You Father! For everything You do for me even when I fail to do everything for You. I hope to one day to truly stand in your presence :)

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
         O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
{Psalm 30:12}


"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
         
And into His courts with praise.
         Be thankful to Him, 
and bless His name."

{Psalm 100:4}


"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
         For His mercy 
endures forever."

{Psalm 107:1}


"But I will sacrifice to You
      With the voice of thanksgiving;
      I will pay what I have vowed.
      Salvation 
is of the LORD.” 

{Jonah 2:9}


Goodnight sweet loves! You are truly a blessing :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

:) I am praying that your testimony goes well today! Skype lata!!! Eeek!

Post a Comment