Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello October :)

I discovered this morning that Kendra, one of the leaders of IV's justice team is in my social issues class, and she invited me to sit with her from now on. I thought that was very sweet of her :) It certainly made me feel nice inside, at any rate :) My writing class wasn't too bad. I decided to be a very active participant in the class discussion so I suppose that gives me brownie points. I went straight to Top Dog after that to meet Betsey for lunch :) I love talking to her; I find it comforting. She was asking me about my life, my family, and things of that sort, so we talked about Matt quite a bit. It's still hard to talk about all of that sometimes, but it's good for me. And the fact that Betsey is praying for me about that brings me a sense of relief. It's just nice to know that, even though we don't know each other really well yet, she cares enough to do that for me. You know? But yes, I'm really glad we had our date. Next was government, which was a synch as usual. I kind of dawdled around until 6, which is when I met up with my small group for dinner before going to large group. I do love my small group :) Kim, Melissa, and I were SO wound up! Haha. Between hopping around like a squirrel, eating candypump, and just being loud in general.... let's just say we draw attention to ourselves, haha. I really like large group tonight. We dove into Romans 14, talking about how we should never act or present ourselves in a way that hurts any brother/sister in Christ--or anyone for that matter. The same principle applies to non-believers because they too are loved by God and they too are His creation. I particularly like these verses:

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.
{Romans 14:13}


It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.
{Romans 14:21}

And we sang this song during worship. It really struck a chord in me...

How deep the Father's love for us 

How vast beyond all measure 

That He should give His only Son 

To make a wretch His treasure 



How great the pain of searing loss 

The Father turns His face away 

As wounds which mar the Chosen One 

Bring many sons to glory 



Behold the man upon a cross 

My sin upon His shoulders 

Ashamed I hear my mocking voice 

Call out among the scoffers 



It was my sin that held Him there 

Until it was accomplished 

His dying breath has brought me life 

I know that it is finished 



I will not boast in anything 

No gifts, no power, no wisdom 

But I will boast in Jesus Christ 

His death and resurrection 



Why should I gain from His reward 

I cannot give an answer 

But this I know with all my heart 

His wounds have paid my ransom


The remainder of my night was spent in Brittany and Brianna's room. I do love them :) Yes, that was my day in a nutshell. I am quite excited for tomorrow. I get to see Kelly and Heather! Yay!!!! I'm stoked :) Goodnight my loves! Sleep well!

One last thing. This is my sister Katelyn's favorite verse:

Teach us to number our days aright, 
       that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
{Psalm 90:12}

2 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

love that song :) it is so beautiful!

lalalalalalaaaa! i get to see you in a few hours!!! eeeeep!

kayaygee said...

Awww. we are too hyper in small group.
i like it.

Post a Comment