Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm so tired.

And yes, I realize it's not even 10 yet. Right now I'm beyond the point of caring, though, and I think I'm to shower and hit the sack. But first, I must blog...

I've been coming to notice a horrible pattern in my life, or rather, one that I am not fond of. It seems as though things that I love and invest my time in never fail to sort of come apart at the seems. It's not that they fall apart completely or cease to exist, but it's still saddening. I feel like I haven't even gotten the opportunity to give myself completely, and now things seem to be crumbling. People are leaving and tensions linger and things just don't feel right! And now I'm retreating into my self it seems; for who can I trust completely? Not that friendships are defined by these sorts of things, but this is supposed to be more than just a friendship {at least I thought it was}. I understand that some things need to be done for one's own sake, but is this really it? Are things truly beyond repair? I kind of want to stand up and scream. I don't know what I would say or who exactly I would need to be talking to, but I feel like something needs to be said. I wouldn't do that, though, out of respect of wishes. Things like this are where I want to confide in and talk to someone else, but I'm not supposed to. So here I sit, an internal struggle that is twisting itself into an immobile knot. What's worse, I wonder who would honestly care. I wonder if anyone would, in all honesty, be willing to sit and talk/listen to me about this. That's a feeling I'm not accustomed to. Sure, I don't always share was troubling me, but I've never felt like I had no one who would be willing to listen. And what does that mean? I think that question might link with a recent evaluation of myself in which I realized that I am not the same person here that I am at home. I'm not as vulnerable or carefree. I'm afraid to open up for fear of judgement. I'm not as bubbly. I'm not constantly smiling, and people rarely hug. Little things, I suppose. I came back this semester promising myself that I would show my friends at JMU who I really am, the person I love being. But it's not working, and I don't know what's hindering me. I'm just not sure what it all means...

3 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I want to give you a hug so badly right now! I hate it when your heart hurts and I can't be there for you. Stupid 128 miles! Ugh. I am praying for you though, and I am always wanting to listen to you. Really, I am. I love you so much, Stephanie Dawkins!

Heather Tobey said...

It's funny, I was just thinking about you about thirty minutes ago and wondering how you were doing. I will pray for you a lot tonight!

you know you love me most :)) said...

i'm really bummed you feel like this girlie :( but you know i'm always down for a skype date just to talk about random crap that doesn't matter or stuff that does! i love you so much and you are sooo incredible girl!! you know that! and i know how you feel about not being your same self at school as you are at home but it's cause at home we're in our element that we've been in for over a year and then the other 18 years. you'll find you're place girlie and you'll be comfortable and everyone will see the carefree, fun, sweet, caring, jam packed girl that i love and that throws all the things that bother her to the wind to go and have a good time. i promise everything is going to get better my dear. i promise.

Post a Comment