Sunday, January 23, 2011

I kind of wish I had slept in today,

not because it was all for nothing, but more productive things could have been done. In short, I will not be a part of Madison Dance. The lyrical auditions were a little rough for me. I didn't realize just how technical these girls were that they were looking for. And hey, nothing against classical training, but that's just not really me, you know? In regards to the hip hop auditions {which I ended up doing}, I honestly thought I did a really good job. I did it full out every single time, regardless of the group size, and I kept my energy up the entire time. All in all, I don't know if I could have asked much more of myself. Sure, I messed up once or twice when it was the actual audition, but I wasn't expecting perfection. Who could? I had fun with it and I put my own style on the choreography. If I'm not what they wanted, then that's okay :) It just wasn't where I was meant to be, and I kind of knew that. I had that feeling dwelling in my mind basically all day. So that's that! Haha. But you know, this reminded me how passionate I am about hip hop. Of course, I love dance in general, but hip hop is my zone. It's where I have the most fun and I feel the most confident! I miss it, truly. But anyways, I ended up spending basically 6 hours in UREC today. Woah! After lyrical I ran on the elliptical for 30 minutes, and then hip hop. So yeah, I'm going to be sore tomorrow! Anyways, I took a glorious nap before meeting up with Kim and Hannah to get dinner and see Whitney in Our Town! The play was really good, and Whitney did an amazing job :) Upon returning to Eagle, I skyped my lovely Heather, which always makes me very happy :) And am now ready to shower and sleep. I have to get up early again tomorrow, ugh! Goodnight loves! Sleep well :)

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
{Jeremiah 29:11}

I love this verse :) Sure it's commonly heard, but it definitely serves as a sound reminder :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment