Friday, January 7, 2011

"Friends is a deep word."

Hahaha. So says Jwoww, anyway ;) Yet they throw around the c-word like it's nothing.... gotta love Jersey Shore!

Today was a lovely day. I woke up this morning and got breakfast with my friend Laura. We went to high school together, and today was the first time we've ever hung out one-on-one. I really had a nice time :) After that I went to the bank to switch my account from savings to checking. Fun stuff right? Then, after being home for like maybe 10 minutes, I decided I wanted to go on a walk. So Kelly, Lucky, and myself walked around Echo Lake :) It was sunny, and that made us happy. Then, after a brief intermission, Kelly and I went to Disco Sports and Regency. I had to cut the shopping trip short though because 1) I was trying to ward off my bad day and I wasn't feeling too great and 2) I had to get ready for my evening plans. I had dinner with my elementary school best friends: Valerie, Meghan, Holly, and Mary Kate. It was actually really fun, and not awkward at all once everyone got there. We did a lot of laughing and talking about how college was going for each of us. Valerie even brought our old notebook that we started back in the 5th grade. Our PFL notebook... it's so great! We almost filled the entire thing! I flipped back through it and could literally recall almost every situation we wrote about. I loved that :) After dinner, I made a quick trip to Walmart before going over to Elizabeth's to get ready for the Jersey Shore party! She did Julie, Eric, and I's hair and make-up. We looked so legit! Haha. I'll post some pictures later, or you'll just see them on facebook. Whatever comes first, I suppose. I had fun though, just hanging out and spending time with everyone :)

Okay, so this is a complete change of topic, and I hope you all don't mind. I don't mean for this to stir up worry or concern or anything, but I kind of need/want to let it all out for my own benefit. Because this blog really is kind of therapeutic for me...

So, I've been very body conscious ever since last night. And I don't know if it's because of what my dad said or what it is, but it's really kind of lowered my confidence. While I was shopping today, I was just kind of bummed out by what sizes didn't fit properly or how it bad something looked once I put it on. I like shopping, but I guess today just wasn't my day. Then, as I was getting dressed for the Jersey Shore party, I couldn't help but feel like everyone was going to judge the way I looked in my dress. No one did anything of that sort, but I was worried about what others may have been thinking basically the entire time I was dressed up. By the second commercial, I was back in my jeans, tank top, and cardigan. And later we were talking about working out and watching that show "I Used to be Fat" on MTV. I don't know, this is not generally a problem for me. And honestly, I think my problem is that I took what my dad said to heart when I shouldn't have. I've never had any serious issue with the way I look, and I'm certainly not going to let my dad dictate my emotions or habits. I'm just finding comfort in the fact that God sees me as perfect and beautiful, and that that's really all that matters. I don't need approval from my father, or anyone else for that matter. And I think that I will find total peace in that very soon {as in the next few days}, and my confidence levels should go back to normal. I hope this little tangent hasn't freaked any of you out, because I don't want it to. I really am fine, promise! I just wanted to take the thoughts from my brain and spew them out on the keyboard. In truth, I feel a little better already :) I love you all! Pleasant dreams!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well."
{Psalm 149:13}


"But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.'”
{1 Samuel 16:7}


"3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
{1 Peter 3:3-4}


P.S.- You all are constantly making me feel like I'm beautiful as well. I want to thank you for that :)

1 comments:

kathryn said...

You are beautiful and you do not need to be self conscious! Sweetheart, girls would kill to have a body like yours! :D

Post a Comment