Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh hey Friday!

First week of the semester is officially OVER! Woop woop! It's been a long week though, not gonna lie. Anyways, my classes went well today. My English professor is going to let me incorporate my blogging into my next writing assignment, which I'm pretty stoked about. I had a pretty cool little chat with my religions professor {and this other girl who seems like she has a strong faith, so I kind of want to get to know her better}. Lunch with Arijana was lovely :) We got to just talk about what was going on in our lives and classes and whatnot. She was very comforting, and she's such a great listener. Her reassurance that I could confide in her was nice :) Then, at about 2:30, I went to Target with Hannah, Brandi, and Courtney {SAO sisters!}. That was quite fun, mostly because we were so ADD the whole time, haha! But anyways, I didn't do much else until large group tonight, which I enjoyed very much. Not only did CJ's talk have a good message, but I also got to read scripture that I was led to and pray more fervently than I think I ever have. Large group was just really awesome tonight, and I didn't really realize until tonight just how much I missed it. Afterwards, Kim and I hit up the Dog Pound and just talked in TDU. I do love talking to my little Kimberly :) We always talk about something different, and no matter what it is I always take something away from it. I like that :) From there, I came back to my room and have since been talking to and getting to know Reem a little better. She is very sweet, and I can tell we are going to get along nicely :) It turns out she doesn't go to bed early every night. Last night she had a migraine, so that's why she went to sleep early. Another plus, we are both skype users. Thus, she will not be annoyed {hopefully} with my hour-long skype dates :) It's cool, she was showing me the pictures she brought to school with her, and they were all so cute! I loved that; legit. So needless to say, things are going well thus far :) I am rather exhausted, though. So I think I'm going to hit the hay. Goodnight loves!

"2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."
{James 1:2-8}

1 comments:

kathryn said...

I'm glad your new roommate is nice! :D

Post a Comment