Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 1 of spring semester.

Well, the good news about my Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes is that I'm done at 12:05. Holla! However, they're all back to back, so I almost fell asleep in my last one; haha! I'll work on that. My English professor, Daisy, seems really nice! My friend Taylor is in my Religions of the World class, and I fond out that Isaac and I have PSYC 101 together! Woop woop! Also, I've started planning lunch dates with people so that I'm not stuck eating by myself like I did today. Haha, oh well. I suppose we all have to take breaks from looking like a cool kid ;) I came back to my self-occupied room {still no sign of the roommate} and proceeded to stretch and do a what I could in this tiny space. Okay, I really need to take a dance class. My leg muscles were on the verge of shaking after a simple plie combination, so I know things have gotten bad. But nonetheless, I did a few choice things, and I even played around on my pointe shoes for a bit. The girls in the room below me were probably like "What the heck?!" But they didn't come knocking on my door or anything, so I think I'm good. I then proceeded to take a nap before going to small group. I liked tonight. We all talked about our breaks {the highs and the lows} and took prayer requests. During that time, though, I saw just how awkwardly emotional I am. I had no intention of doing so, but I started crying while I was talking about my "low" and when I was giving my prayer request. What the heck? I don't understand it. These emotions need to get themselves in check. But like I was saying... I like hearing people's prayer requests. I truly gain a renewed appreciation for people every time I hear their struggles and their burdens. You always hear it said that you don't know what's going on in a person's life, and it's so true! Everyone has their own sets of hardship, and I love that we can share those with each other to be lifted up and prayed over. I don't know. As sad as prayer requests can be, they can have beautiful results, and that is a beautiful thing :)

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."
{1 Peter 3:8}


"28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose."
{Romans 8:28}


Footnotes:
  1. Romans 8:28 Or that all things work together for good to those who love God, who; or that in all things God works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who

{Footnote from biblegateway.com. I like it.}

On a separate note, having my own room is proving to be rather lonely. It's so quiet in here... all the time. My room isn't the hang out room, and so it's basically just me. Plus, it doesn't help that Danielle's side of the room kind of resembles a prison cell. Perhaps once I rearrange some things and make it look more like it's meant to be a single room, things will get better. My mom is going to bring me queen sheets and whatnot, as well as bean bag chairs :) This could be great, I think. I'll get used to living alone here in due time. But seriously, I do not know what to do with myself when no one else is here...



Yeah... haha. And now I am listening to the loveliness that is Owl City. I should get some sleep, for I am quite exhausted. The first day can take a lot out of a girl! Goodnight all :)

3 comments:

kayaygee said...

the second picture seriously had me on the verge of loling, but then i remembered meghan's sleeping, so now i'm just typing violently instead.

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry you are so lonesome. Where in the world is your room mate?

Stephanie Marie said...

i wish i knew!

Post a Comment