Friday, January 14, 2011

In the past few days

I've had a lot of people ask me why I have a blog. What is its purpose? Why do I write it? It's strange, because I have kind of a hard time explaining it adequately. In all honestly, this thing right here is my outlet. It helps me maintain my sanity and has become a part of my lifestyle {as weird as that may sound}. As introverted as I can be at times, posting a blog just kind of eases my tension and relieves me of my stress. I get to tell you all about what's going on in my life or what I'm thinking about, even if it's merely a song or music video. Sometimes I'm not stable enough to call one of you and tell you what's troubling or worrying me, but a simple post helps me feel better while informing you at the same time. And I get to stay connected with what goes on in all of your lives! No matter how small or insignificant the writing might seem, each post makes me feel like I'm a little closer to each of you. That may have just sounded really corny, but that's okay; it's practically the story of my life :) But anyways, let me go ahead and just do a little run through of the day.

Psyc class was pretty good, although I was very distracted because I was doing my Justice Team "homework." Woops! Haha. Then I had lunch with Stina, which was lovely :) After getting some work done and chilling for a bit, it was time for health {not real eventful}. Then, I rushed back to my dorm to skype Heather. Not long after we hung up, my mom was here to deliver my textbook. Then it was time for dinner with Kim :D {I love you!} Unfortunately we had to leave kind of early because I had to get to my first Justice Team meeting! I am very excited for the upcoming year, while also kind of nervous at the same time. Eeeep! Okay, so let me just share this experience with you... We were playing fishbowl, and I had to get my team to guess the movie Baby Momma. So this part is the first thing that pops into my head {the very last thing in the trailer, when she's on the bouncy ball}:

Yes, I made that noise. Well, no one knew what the heck I was doing! Haha. So basically everyone {including myself} just starts crying from laughter because I kind of looked and sounded like a tard. Seriously, I am an awkward human being, haha. But anyways, I am very excited to see where God is going to lead all of us this year. I am ready to serve and make an impacting difference! Woop woop! We only covered the basics tonight, but I can't wait to legitimately start! We read this passage tonight, and I am rather fond of it :)

"As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right."
{1 Samuel 12:23}

I relates back to my post from Monday night when I was talking about praying for one another, so I thought that was kind of cool too. Bahh! Okay, so during my meeting I had received a text from a girl on my hall saying that my new roommate, Reem, was here! So I rush back to my dorm, and I open the door to my room to see that the lights are off. Poor thing, she was sleeping and I had woken her up! Granted, it was only 10, but I still felt bad. Needless to say, we haven't gotten to really talk or anything. We literally had like a one minute long conversation. Bummer. But hopefully we can get to know each other better tomorrow! And hopefully she doesn't always go to bed that early... I'm thinking she's probably just jet-lagged. Oh! but she does speak English, and, if my RA is correct, she is from Saudi Arabia. Cool life, right? I'll keep you all posted when I get to know more about her. She seems vert nice :) Well, I need to get some sleep. I have to be up in a little over 7 hours. Party foul.... Goodnight loves :)
Hahaha, it's so dark in my room right now!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment