Sunday, January 16, 2011

My day could have been much more productive...

Not much to say about today, really. I had lunch with Brittany and Brianna, after which I went to the gym with Courtney. For my first time using the elliptical, it wasn't a bad time. I'm going back tomorrow, however, and I'm going to crank up the intensity a bit. I doubt I'll "run" for 45 minutes again, and I know I won't be completely "7 miles." But we shall see, I suppose :) After the gym, I basically just hung out in my room for a bit. Andrea stopped by, and had a minor fail...
Yes, she dropped a jar of her favorite salsa on my floor...
And she proceeded to clean it up with a chip, paper towels, a trashbag, a broom, Clorox wipes, and Febreeze. Haha! I tried to help, but she wouldn't let me.

Haha, so after all of that and a skype date with Heather, I ate dinner with a group of girls from my floor. I then ate desert with some of my sisters and two of their friends, which was followed up with some conversation in Wilson before going to see The Social Network. Twas quite a good movie. There's a lot of fast talking though, and I think it contributed to this headache I currently have. Haha, oh well. Such is life, I suppose :) I didn't get back tot he room until basically midnight. I feel bad because Reem insists upon staying up until both of us are going to sleep. Her intentions are sweet, but I told her that it's not necessarily. Well, finally our lights are off {with the exception of my desk lamp} and she is under the covers. That makes me feel better inside. It's funny, though, because when I was telling her that I was worried about her sleep, she said, "Oh, don't worry about me." In that moment I thought of all the times I've said that to other people, and they get so frustrated! Haha. But I get it, because my response was, "BUT I AM!" I've heard that so many times it's not even funny. Well, I mean it is, but you know :) At any rate, I have a few things on my mind. The first is the concept of how Facebook has become a part of our lives, a part of who we are, what we know, and how we see people. {Yes, this was sparked by the movie.} But think about it! How many times have you figured out that a friend was upset because of a facebook status? {In my case, several.} How many times have you gotten into a heated argument or debate with someone over a wall post, status, or message? {I know I have a few times.} How many people have you met and realized that you've facebook stalked them before? {I haven't been counting...} I know none of these thoughts are new, but it is really crazy if you think about it for a while. I mean shoot, it's my homepage! I practically live on that thing. I love it, but it truly is a mind-blowing concept how much it has almost defined our generation. Another thought came to me last night right before I went to bed... Does God ever rest? I know that He rested on the seventh day of creation, but what about after that? Because if anyone deserves rest, it's Him. That may seem like a silly or juvenile question, but I'm being serious. He looks after all of His children, provides for us, loves us, and redeems us. Does He get to rest? I don't mean does He have to rest {because God doesn't ever grow faint}...

"Do you not know? 
   Have you not heard? 
The LORD is the everlasting God, 
   the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, 
   and his understanding no one can fathom."
{Isaiah 40:28}

...I just wonder if He ever does. I'd love to hear your opinions on that, so please share! I have plenty of other things I could write about right now, but this post is lengthy as it is, so I will spare you for the time being :) Goodnight loves!

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I think that God could rest if He really desired to. However, I don't think that He wants rest. He is constantly caring for His people and the Bible says that He DELIGHTS in us (Psalm 149:4)!!! He enjoys being with us and taking care of us. Maybe he "rests" when we let Him do His thing instead of fighting back and trying to do everything our way. This is a very interesting concept and a hard one to fully answer because I do not think there is any passage in the Bible that refers to the Lord resting except for after He created the earth and everything in it. Even then, as you know, He did not have to rest! Why did He rest? I think He rested to show Adam that it was important. It is vital for humans to rest. What a good Dad being such a good example! Haha. But seriously, maybe He rested just because He knew that Adam would have to. Did any of that make sense? I have no idea... but my brain is not awake enough to edit that. I love you so much!!! A & F!

Post a Comment