Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A bit of a tangent on a little thing called change.

The beauty of a mistake is that it can be a one-time thing. Once you mess up, you are not eternally condemned to live in that error for the rest of your life. You can be forgiven and keep moving forward. A lesson can be learned, and through that a change can be sparked. Change often takes on a negative connotation; many view it as frightening. That is often the case, because we clearly fear the unknown. But something I've become very aware of in the past day or so is that change is a beautiful thing, something that is frequently taken advantage of or overlooked. If you are no longer satisfied with your life choices, you can make new ones. If you see yourself heading down a detrimental path, you can turn around. If you're confronted with something that you can't cope with, you can walk away. If you are not pleased with your present mindset, you can re-priorotize. If you are no longer satisfied with the life you're leading, you can start anew; you can be renewed. We have that capability! We have the power to cause change! That is a gift, my dear friends. As some of you may know, I was in a bit of a rut this time last night. I was curled up in a ball, with anxiety pulsing and tears rolling down my face. I made a mistake, that simple. I knew what I needed to do, and it terrified me. I was afraid to admit my faults because it meant that I had to accept and cope with my blame. As much as I wished there was someone to tell me that I did nothing wrong, I knew that I did. I had to own up to it, and I don't think I've honestly ever feared God more than I did last night. But I knew that I needed to ask for forgiveness, and that I needed to seek guidance to put myself at peace. What I needed was a change, a purification of self. My Father helped me with that, and now it is up to me to uphold it. Perhaps, then, it is the process of change that we fear above the change itself, because in making a change we have to accept the fact that what we're doing now isn't good enough. There is beauty in this, though, and it is that God made us in His beautiful and perfect image. Although our decisions and actions are not always pleasing to Him, He still provides for us and embraces us as His beloved children. God allows us to make changes so that we may  become closer to Him and carry out the plans He has for us.

Do you want to know what I was doing the moment this thread of thought emerged in my brain? I was changing radio stations in my car because I wanted to listen to a different song. I made a change because of something that didn't satisfy me. Such a minute scenario, right? But isn't the concept the same?! Crazy, isn't it, how a moment so seemingly insignificant can provoke a complex thought. Praise be to our Father in Heaven, for He is beyond good, and He is omnipresent in the lives of us all. Give glory to Him, and may His love radiate through you in everything. Goodnight loves, pleasant dreams :)

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
{Romans 12:2}


12 “Even now,” declares the LORD,
   “return to me with all your heart,
   with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

 13 Rend your heart
   and not your garments.
Return to the LORD your God,
   for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
   and he relents from sending calamity."

{Joel 2:12-13}


18 “Forget the former things;
   do not dwell on the past. 
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland. 
20 The wild animals honor me,
   the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
 
21 the people I formed for myself
   that they may proclaim my praise."

{Isaiah 43:18-21}

0 comments:

Post a Comment