Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Here in my own little nook,

in my own little chair, I am content. Simply sitting crossed-legged at my desk with only the light of my desk lamp. Surrounded by mild clutter and listening to songs of praise; it is here that I am emotionally at peace. Staring up at pictures and memoirs from home, I cannot help but smile. How could I possibly deserve this many blessings? A wooden J♥S that was crafted for me by an amazing friend and "second boyfriend" :) A Waffle House hat establishing not just our VIP status, but also the incredible experiences and friends we've made there :) The 27 smiling faces {other than my own} that remind me of just how phenomenal my loved ones are, and how many memories I have to cherish :) These songs playing through my headphones reassure me of God's glory and power. He has a plan for us all, and His work is never completed. He created this earth, He came to this earth, and He shall one day return. There is no one like Him! He is Holy, and He is the God of everything :) Forever shall I sing praises to Him, and forever shall I adore Him :)

I'm beginning to see where my heart lies--where my happiness stems from. And even though those realizations plant a seed of doubt in regards to where I'm supposed to be, I'm trusting that God will guide me where He wants me. Lord knows I am not decisive enough to determine my own path, and why would I even try to steer myself when it is He who is in control? Even still, I have much to pray about--both for direction and peace {amongst other things}. I want to draw closer first and foremost to my Father, for I fear my heart is more distant than it should be. I wish to better reach out to my loves back home; for who am I to allow 128 miles to interfere with my most beloved friendships? I want to walk with my head held high and not worry about if others have negative perceptions of me. I desire emotional stability and the ability to discuss my feelings without blubbering or having to talk through sobs. I pray that I will find stability here at school, and perhaps one day even find some sort of comfort here. Even though I am far from perfection, and I cannot always live a life that is picturesque, I can find hope in having to rely on God. I will never know how to adequately approach or deal with the challenges in my life, but at least I am not required to figure it out on my own. With the support of such amazing friends and a glorious God, how can things not turn out well in the end?

Run down of the day's events:

  • Sleep until 11:30 or so.
  • Lunch with Kirsten and Christa.
  • Show Reem where her classes are.
  • Reading homework.
  • Nap.
  • Small Group.
  • Shower.
  • Chocolate fondu with Reem!

  • More reading, facebook, blogging, etc.

Goodnight sweet loves! I pray that your dreams are pleasant and that you all may receive rest :) Peace be to all of you!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
{Ephesians 1:3}


"14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
{Ephesians 3:14-21}


"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
{James 1:12}

0 comments:

Post a Comment