Monday, December 6, 2010

It's odd

the way things go sometimes. I don't even mean anything in particular. Your feelings will roller-coaster up and down and your tone of thought will shift from light to heavy and it's just all very strange. Sometimes I come down very hard on myself and internally panic that I'm becoming exclusive, annoying, luke-warm, a burden, etc., and other times I can feel so complete, loved, happy, filled, and content. Like I said, it's very odd indeed. Sometimes I feel like I'm not reaching out enough to some people, like I need to be a better friend to them but that other things are standing in the way. I feel like I haven't made an impact in their life, or let them know that I love them enough. But then I find out that they do know that I love them, and they don't think horribly of me, and my heart is made happy. Now I don't want you to think that I live my life for the purpose of having others think highly of me, because that's not the case. I do, however, want people to know that I love them, and that I'd do anything for them if they needed me to. I want them to know that they can come to me for help, advice, anything. I want to shower them with as much love as I can, as a reflection of the love that has been showered upon me--both by my lovely friends and my most holy Father. My greatest delight is to love and to be loved. I do not take for granted the love that He has blessed me with, and I only wish to share that love and compassion with the people around me. And even though sometimes I feel like I am not adequate at doing so, or I feel like I'm a burden to others, I want my friends to always know that I care about them. Always.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
{Ephesians 4:2}

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."
{1 John 4:7}

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
{John 15:13}

Goodnight my precious dears! I love you!

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

Stephanie, you are one of the greatest example of love in my life. Seriously! I think about that a lot. Your heart is so genuine and full of compassion for those around you. You are a blessing in the lives of so many that you do not know about. You truly understand Mark 12 and Galatians 5:14 "For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." For that, Friend, I am so very thankful! Your love for others and the Lord humbles me quite often and I am reminded that others must go before me. Just make sure that your heart gets enough care itself. Broken thinks cannot fix other broken things before they are repaired and replenished. Take care of yourself :) I love you so much! Thank you for being the Best Friend that I have needed for such a long time. And thank you for loving me.

Post a Comment