Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Since my last post, I have come home, gone to my Mommom's house for dinner and gifts with my cousins, aunt, and uncle also in attendance {hopefully pictures will be available soon}. Since then, I have showered, read some of my Bible, and now I'm here. I was thinking about Jesus's birth, since it is technically Christmas, and I realized that no matter what presents are wrapped for me under my tree, no gift will ever match God's gift of His beloved Son. All of these secular, material presents will soon be gone and done away with, but the gift of the Lord is never-ending and omnipresent. God blessed the world with a Savior, one who is always giving to us regardless of the calendar date. Every day we are showered with unfailing love, and we are fortunate enough to receive unconditional mercy and grace. God gave that gift to us. And it was given to us in the form of baby Jesus on this day so many years ago. Give thanks to your Father today, and sing "happy birthday" to our dear Jesus Christ; it's the least He deserves, don't you think? I suppose what's even more incredible about that is that God doesn't demand that He receive anything {though of course he deserves unending and countless praises}. That should be our mindset on this most joyful day. Find happiness in giving to others, and focus not on what is being given to you. Embrace the heart of our Father and demand nothing in return; simply love others as He does :) I know for me, I find the most joy in making others happy, and today shall be no different. Merry Christmas, my sweet loves! I love you so very much! May your day be filled with the love and elation of our most holy King :)


9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
{Luke 2:9-14}


6 For to us a child is born, 
   to us a son is given, 
   and the government will be on his shoulders. 
And he will be called 
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace 
   there will be no end."
{Isaiah 9:6-7}

0 comments:

Post a Comment