Monday, December 20, 2010

Balancing act?

I fear that I'm doing/have done something wrong....
It isn't necessarily that I've done anything bad,
but I may have dyslexia in terms of priorities.
I can't take emphasis off of one thing, though.
I don't want to;
it's not in my nature.
But perhaps that's the problem, isn't it?
My nature as a human being.
Oh dear, what am I to do?
I know who's the focus of my heart,
but I also know who needs to be.
Yet He's at the center of it all,
that I do know.
So what needs to be altered?
I know something does.
In fact, I'm know many things do.
But where do I start?
I never considered that I was doing harm
in acting in the way that comes natural to me,
but I suppose it makes sense.
I know who has my undivided attention;
I know who often gets put on the back-burner.
It's unfortunate, but I can't lie to myself.
Then I would be viewing myself as faultless,
and I am far from that.
Can't I serve both effectively?
Am I viewing this incorrectly?
I suppose some very intentional prayer is in order.
If I've learned anything over the past few days,
it's that You answer prayer swiftly and majestically.
I hope I can open my heart to listen effectively, God.
Lord knows, I need to.
I am most baffled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment