Monday, December 20, 2010

It's the greatest time of year!

AND IT'S HERE!  Bahhh! I do have the most amazing friends ever! I started off my morning with a cuddle sesh with Heather and Kelly, which was full of laughter and funny pictures. Then, once we got dressed and whatnot, we got some breakfast at Whole Foods before church. At the conclusion of the service, Heather and I had the pleasure of enjoyed the worship stylings of Ellory and Elysia. Haha! Those girls crack me up, for real. Once we got them away from the microphones, the four of us drove over to Sweet Frog for some lunch. I had the twangiest blueberry froyo EVER! But the lunch date in itself was simply lovely. Ellory played paparazzi, we discussed sibling quarrels from our childhood, and we basically just laughed... a lot :) I took Heather home after that, and upon my return home I crashed on the sofa. PRAISE! I wish the nap could have lasted longer, but alas Jennifer woke me up {like I asked her to} so that we could be on time getting to my dad's house. We enjoyed dinner before decorating the tree, hanging stockings, soaking up the warmth of the fire {which made me SO happy!}, and listening to Christmas music via Music Choice. Oh, and my dad made delicious brownies! Yummm! I was a spoiled little girl tonight, and I kind of loved it :) Not long after I got back to my mom's house, Kelly came over so that we could exchange gifts! I absolutely love my present :) And the lovely card that came with it :) My gift shall be hung on my wall ASAP when I get back to school :) Bahh! And Kelly loved my gifts to her, which made me very, very happy inside. We immediately made use of the crimper. {You really should have seen the expression of pure, innocent excitement on Kelly's face when she opened it; it made my life :) } Our hair strands were straight out of the 90s. So great! Later on, I accompanied Kim, Elizabeth, and Eric on a Waffle house trip! We saw and attack-hugged Maegan, took pictures/videos, put disgusting things in Eric's water, and had a good time just being loud and goofy like we always are :) I love my friends! I love the time we spend together! I love how happy and complete they make me feel! And I love that the feeling is mutual :) But of course, you all know how much I love you :) {At least I hope so!} What's crazy though, is the changes that have been occurring in my relationship with my family. This is something I did a lot of praying about during Friday's service. I was asking God why it was I could love my friends so freely, but feel so restricted when it came to my family. Well, in the past few days, things just feel different, and in a splendid way! My little sister and I have been talking more, not even about anything heavy or emotional. Just talking, like friends. She plays along with my crazy charades, sings off-key with me in the car, dances around the living room with me, and yeah... There's no tension, stress, or awkwardness. I wish I could properly express how amazing that feels to me :) As for my dad, being at his house tonight was so surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing. Jenn and I were there for over 4 hours, and it wasn't remotely dreadful. It was cozy and calm, and it felt like home. It feels as though God removed the stress from my family situation so that the focus could return to loving them, and I am so thankful for that; you have no idea. God heard my cry for help, and He had His way in my life. How truly wonderful He is :) Only a Father as great and awesome as He could care for us in such a manner :) For Him, I am most thankful :) Goodnight sweet loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment