Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I sleep a lot...

When I don't have plans for the day, I am such a bum, haha. Seriously, I slept on the sofa until 12:30ish. And once I got up, showered, and ate some food, I took an hour-long nap on the sofa before getting myself presentable. Sleep is good, dear friends :) At any rate, I got myself together before going over to my dad's house. I didn't eat dinner there, but I enjoyed some hot tea while he and Jenn ate. Then, at 7, I met up with Samantha, Lauren, and Emma {from my IV small group} at Red Robin for dinner. Then we Red Box-ed a movie to watch at out sleepover :) We watched Date Night, and it was quite amusing. Once the movie was done, we ate pie/cake and just sat/stood around the island in the kitchen and talked about all sorts of things. It was nice to just have a conversation about each others' lives, not matter how small or seemingly insignificant. We don't generally have conversations like that during IV, so it was a cool opportunity to get to know them as individuals, not just "girls in my small group." I think that's kind of true in general, though. Because even though you can come to know a person spiritually, it's hard to grow with them in Christ if you haven't established a basic relationship with them first. Those small moments of laughing, confiding, and listening can make all the difference in the world. Simple things like: Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you struggle with family issues? What is your view on other people who hold different values? Do you cry to others or in solitude? It's the little things that shape who we are as a person. Basic things that you may not think are important can be one of your most defining factors--of that I am convinced. I suppose all of this is just a rant that basically says that I've really enjoyed the time I've had with my friends tonight, and I feel closer to them because of it :) Right now, we're all just sitting/laying in the dark in Emma's room, and I'm the only one on a computer... Haha! So I suppose I'll stop being an odd-ball now and get some sleep. Goodnight lovelies! Pleasant dreams!

0 comments:

Post a Comment