Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seeking peace and giving thanks.

I was browsing through photobucket today, and I came across some pictures that I really love.
They make we wish I was standing on the peak of a mountain, the sands of a vacant beach, or a sunny field of wildflowers. Somewhere I could stand with my arms outstretched and be at peace. A place where I could be truly alone with my creator and achieve the serene mind, body, and soul that I so desire. To sing and dance praises freely and without hinderance. Such a beautiful thing, that would be. To be away from the stresses and struggles and to simply relax with my Father. Oh, what a wondrous thing that would be...

"1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, 
   my God, in whom I trust.”
 3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence. 
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
{Psalm 91:1-4}


In regards to today, I have a few things I am thankful for {we can give thanks every day, right?}:

  • Hot tea to soothe my morning weariness.
  • Friends to laugh with.
  • Diversity.
  • Craft spurts and the friends that inspire them :)
  • The Lord's faithfulness.

Of course I have so much in this life to be grateful for, but those things just appeared most prevalent over the course of today. In other news, my roommate informed me that she is taking next semester off. That means I won't have a roommate, or {even more frightening} I'll be getting a new one. I not so much worried about that right now though. I more-so wanted to let Danielle know that I supported her decision to see what what best for her and what suits her social, educational, and emotional needs. I will miss her a great deal, but I know that she is doing what is right for her as of now. For that, I am happy for her.


Well my dear loves, I am very tired. I somehow managed to get through an entire chapter of my PSYC book, and my eyes are now exhausted. I love you all! Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment