Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Want some candy?"

I woke up this morning at 7:45 to get ready for church. Steph picked me up at approximately 8:35, and we drove to Aletheia only to find that we were extremely early. So, naturally, we decided to go to Starbucks to kill some time! I got a grande six pump earl grey tea latte and a piece of very berry coffee cake :) Yum! The two little kids behind us in line were so cute! Ahh! Steph and I couldn't even handle it :) Anyways, We made it to church in plenty of time, and the service was very good indeed. I would say it was humbling in that it brought attention to the many things we do to sin against God, yet it was not condemning because of the acknowledgement of just exactly how much Jesus did for us! I seriously cannot wait until I meet Him. I just want to look at Him and ask what His life was like and what it felt like to carry the burden of all of our sin. That shall be one crazy conversation! So yes... After I was dropped off at my dorm, I soon left with Danielle and Susanne to go to E-hall for some brunch. I saw my sisters, Brandi and Courtney, there! I loved that :) I also love that I got to eat delicious blueberry pancakes while sipping on sweet tea :) Upon returning to the room, I talked to Andrea for a bit, did my SOCI homework, and started a little project :) Then it was time for my last candidate class for SAO! We did this fun little scavenger-hunt type thing where we got to share the love and word of God with others :) Twas fun! I went from there to get dinner, but I went by myself because everyone else had other plans. It's okay though, I ran into Abbey and Rachel from Hermitage at TDU, and they invited me to sit with them :) That made me feel better. Then, I came back to the room to finish my take-home government exam and do my reading for my writing class. And now that I have showered and am finishing up this post, I am going to call it a night. Sweet dreams, dear loves :)

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
{Matthew 17:20}


1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
{John 15:1-8}

0 comments:

Post a Comment