Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fact: I'm wearing a onesie :)

Oh what a Monday. I almost fell asleep in my first two classes, but I guess that's to be expected these days. It happened on the reg... Oh, and I took a nap in one of the library's comfy chairs in between lunch and government. I actually legit fell asleep, which shocked me. Thank the Lord for the "alarm only" volume setting on cell phones; it really is a life saver! Speaking of government, I turned in my second midterm today for that class. Please pray I do well! When I came back to the dorm, I was so happy to discover that MY TWINS WERE BACK! Brittany and Brianna had been gone all weekend and I missed them an awful lot! After talking to them for a little bit, I came into my room to check on the classes I wanted to register for next semester {even though I can't technically sign up until Wednesday}. Yeah, so how about I'll have to take religions of the world at 5 PM, and every single anthropology class was filled! I need that class as a prerequisite darn it! Ugh! Anyways, now I need to pick another class. I am quite bummed. After that ordeal, I worked on some PSYC homework before going to small group. Tonight we went through Galatians 6, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I specifically loved that we talked about carrying each other's burdens and we even paired off to share 1) the person in our life who we trusted the most to share out burdens with and 2) we shared out burdens with each other, and then prayed for one another. That was awesome, to just be vulnerable and share the things that are weighing on your heart with a fellow daughter of Christ. Something that I realized I need to work on, though, is giving my struggles over to Christ and not insisting upon handling everything with my mere human abilities. At the end of the day, my efforts won't measure up to what He can do for me. Why is it, then, that I am so stubborn? I think that's something that a lot of us can relate to, and I know that for me it will be an ongoing battle. I'm certainly not an image of perfection, but I will pray that my stubborn pride takes a back seat to the promises given by Jesus. Goodnight my lovely loves :) Pleasant dreams!

"1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
{Galatians 6:1-2}

2 comments:

Evan said...

I want a onesie! I used to have a baby looney toons one! where did you get it?

Stephanie Marie said...

Walmart :)

Post a Comment