Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Five Years

Today, I was a sickling. It wasn't all bad though. I had yummy pizza for dinner at my dad's house, brought Starbucks to my darling Kelly and Heather, and Kelly and I went and saw Harry Potter. Yes, I had already seen it, but that's really beside the point. It's an awesome movie! It can be viewed multiple times :) And now, I am spending the night at Kelly's. We just finished conversing over some delightful chamomile tea :) And despite the fact that I am all stopped up and hardly able to breathe through my nose, my mind and body are at peace.

As some of you may know, today marks the passing of five years since my brother was murdered on November 22, 2005. Although the memory of that day is always hard to think about, I found myself not dwelling on the negative thoughts so much today. Today, I took the time to both remember Matt and thank the Lord that he is in a better place, a place where he can be eternally happy with the Father. It's a lovely comfort to know that my brother is in the presence of God. And even though I really wish I had an older brother here to hug me and talk to me, I know that he is always looking out for me. Sometimes, when I see a sun beam bursting from the golden lining of a cloud, I smile because I imagine that it's Matt, glancing down from Heaven to watch over those whom he loved the most, and who loved him in return. Better still, I picture my reunion with him when I enter those gates, and the thought reminds me that five years ago wasn't the end of our time together. I will see him again one day, and all of this pain will evaporate. I love you Matt, and I miss you very much!
{Mark Matthew Gersuk 6/17/82-11/22/05}

"4who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
 5For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
 6But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;"
{2 Corinthians 1:4-6}

0 comments:

Post a Comment