Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Napsatchel!"

For a Monday, I suppose today could have been much worse. I started to fall asleep towards the end of my first class, so I took a nap once I got back to my room until my next class. Oh yeah, did I mention it was FREEZING today?! Because it was. Anyways, my writing class got out 20 minutes early because my professor didn't feel well. {And he's using my last paper as a writing sample to show his advisor or something, so that's pretty nifty I suppose!} Upon leaving that class, I grabbed an early-ish lunch before heading over to Ashby to take my last Tech Level 1 test {which was on Exel}. I was quite nervous that I wouldn't pass it, but I did! And on the first try too! Yay! I am so happy that's over with. I made it to government with only a minute or so to spare. Government wasn't anything new or special, so I'll leave it at that. After class, I came back to the room and found that Danielle was about to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Ahh! So I watched that {even after she left} and it was awesome! Unfortunately, it didn't make that time very productive in terms of PSYC homework, but I'll find a way to get it done; no worries. Small group tonight was a lovely time indeed. After crying myself to tears at dinner {which basically happens every week}, we went to our designated classroom. We started off by playing Catchphrase, and it got pretty rowdy as I'm sure you can imagine. Exhibit A: Melissa shouting out "Napsatchel" repeatedly as Kim was trying to get her to say "Nap-sack," haha. {For the record, napsatchel isn't a word... haha!} Then, we went through Galatians chapter five and really broke it down. You know, I'm really glad we decided to go through this book. Quite honestly, I would have been more than slightly confused if I had just read it on my own. Our group discussions and the format of analysis laid out my Melissa and Betsey make it easier to see past the surface words of the scripture and instead truly understand the meaning. Being involved in this small group Bible study kind of makes me want to be on the Bible Study Committee in my sorority. Not now obviously; that's my big's job! But maybe one day I'll take a wack at it. I think I'd enjoy it! Back to what I was saying.... We ended Bible study with passing around sheets of paper with our names on it and having each person write something nice about that person on the paper. I'm really bad at these sorts of things for a few reasons: 1) I feel rushed. 2) I know I have to keep it brief, so I can't get the wording the way I want it. 3) I have a hard time conveying my thoughts when it involves writing by hand {strange, but true}. There are so many lovely things I wanted to say about the girls in my small group, I just didn't have enough time to write it all down or choose wording that would accurately depict my thoughts. I suppose I will have to make my feeling known through my actions/interactions with them. I can do that, and I will! But you know, I realized something after reading the amazing comments my friends wrote on my sheet. It's something I've noticed before as well. I think other people see more in us than we do in ourselves. Does that make sense? I am so critical of myself and my performance as a daughter of Christ. I beat myself up and tell myself that I'm not doing nearly a good enough job. There are so many things that I should/need to improve upon that I essentially discredit my relationship with God from time-to-time. These girls, though, see God working through me, even when I don't necessarily notice it myself. I notice His impact on my peers, but I suppose I don't ever really focus on what's be done inside of me. Although I can clearly see the ways in which He has tremendously altered and bettered my life over the past 20 or so months, I only seem to recognize sporadically what the Spirit is doing in me here and now. And now I'm confused as to whether or not I'm supposed to have knowledge of that in this moment?... I don't know, but the kind words of my friends really gave me a sense of joy and confidence. I know I'm not living a perfect life, and my spiritual path is in no way flawless, but I must be doing at least something right. I least I hope so... More than anything I just was to please Jesus. I want to be someone that He can be proud of. I still have a long way to go, but I hope to get to that point, someday. Goodnight my precious loves :)

"4 Show me your ways, LORD, 
   teach me your paths. 
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
   for you are God my Savior, 
   and my hope is in you all day long. 
6 Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love, 
   for they are from of old. 
7 Do not remember the sins of my youth 
   and my rebellious ways; 
according to your love remember me, 
   for you, LORD, are good."
{Psalm 25:4-7}


"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses."
{1 Timothy 6:12}


"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"
{1 Corinthians 3:16}

0 comments:

Post a Comment