Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Motrin really needs to kick in.

Well hello comrades, friends, loves, etc.! I suppose today wasn't too horrid, especially the first half. Class was fine. I got to have lunch with the lovely Christa :) For those who do not know, she is one of my SAO gamma girls, and she possesses incredible love for Jesus and insight on God's word. We discussed so many things I can't even begin to list them all out on here, but dahh(!), I just really loved our incredible conversation :) After government, I met up with Brandi in Carrier so that I could interview her as well. She's so cute; I love her :) From there it was back to my dorm room. Unfortunately, my bad day hit soon after I made it back, so I decided to take a nap at 4. Well, lo and behold, eight minutes later the fire alarm goes off. So here I am, in pain and grouchy, trudging down the Eagle stairs from the eighth floor. So miserable! Then, when I finally made it back to my bed, my alarm went off at 5 and I still felt awful, so I reset my alarm for 5:15. There was no improvement. Thus, I shut off the alarm all together and just passed out. Yeah, the only problem with not waking up until 6 was that I had done literally no homework. Epic fail. I still didn't feel better, and I didn't know if I could walk any substantial distance without passing out, so I almost just passed on dinner. But then Brittany asked if I would go with her so I did, and it was delicious. Anyways, I came back and finished taking notes on my PSYC chapter, which took forever. And since then I've been poking around on facebook and I just posted on the discussion board for SOCI, which I shall finish tomorrow. Oh! And I also got to have a conversation with my dear Kelly. I do love her, and miss her quite terribly! Ahh! I miss all of my loves back in Richmond! But alas, I will be returning on the eve of the 20th, and it shall be glorious :) I love you all so, so much! Unfortunately, I must now take my leave so that I'm not a zombie all day tomorrow {which is technically today}. Again, I love you!

Christa's favorite passage:

"5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 
7 rather, he made himself nothing
   by taking the very nature of a servant,
   being made in human likeness. 
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
   he humbled himself
   by becoming obedient to death—
      even death on a cross!
 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
   and gave him the name that is above every name, 
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
   in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
   to the glory of God the Father."
{Philippians 2:5-11}

We truly are blessed :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment