Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day two of collegiate classes.

Guess who got to sleep in today?! Me! I woke up at 10:30; giving me approximately 9 hours of sleep! Yippee! Okay, so I actually didn't have my first class until 2, but I needed to be awake and legitimately clothed when the maintenance guys came buy to fix our cable wire. We can actually watch TV now!Danielle and I are quite stoked. Anyways, I went a grabbed some food with Brittany; even though she didn't get to eat it until later because she would have been late to her next class.... Yeah, I couldn't et all of the fries that came with my meal, so I gave them to a guy in the elevator. He was very appreciative, and that made me happy :) Unfortunately, though, I had this moment of intuition when I got back in my room, and it turns out that today could have turned into my "bad day." It's all good though, I'm keeping Motrin in my system to avoid any issues. But yes, I spent a good chunk of time this morning doing GSOCI homework. I mean, I know he promised us hours of homework, but I wasn't expecting it so soon! Oh well, such is the life of a college student I suppose. My first class today was GCOM; a course centered around giving presentations. I think it'll be pretty breezy. The professor has great ratings, shows us random movie clips, and just seems really chill. I had to dash out of the room though to go find my writing professor's office with Carleigh; which was across the quad AND the street and up some. Long story short, Carleigh and I hadn't gotten our textbooks yet {because we weren't actually informed that we needed one for that course}, and we had to get printed copies of the reading from our professor. Now, understand that I only had 15 minutes to get from GCOM to my psychology class. Yeah, we literally had to speed walk/sprint. We go the reading though, and I was only about two minutes late to GPSYC; not a huge deal. My professor, Uncle Bijan, seems really cool. He was telling us that he was from Iran, and that, when he went back to visit years ago, he was actually taken hostage for four months! Even crazier than that, he somehow managed to escape! What a life story! But aside from that craziness, he only grades us on tests; which is kind of scary, but at the same time that means no papers to write! I was done with my classes at 4:445, and I did homework in my dorm until about 6:30. I went to dinner with Laura and her friend, but I actually ended up making two new friends when I sat down at D-hall! Their names are Bruce and Spyro, and they're transfer students. I ended up talking to them for about an hour! This was quite a while after the other girls had left. We discussed majors, our desired careers, our family culture/history, pastimes... lots of things! I'm friends with them on facebook now :) I just love it when it's so effortless to meet new people! I also love how accepting people are here! They don't care that I don't party or drink or anything; not in the slightest. That fact has made adjusting easier for me; to the point where I don't even worry about it anymore :) Okay, let me continue on. On the elevator ride up to the penthouse, we saw this:
Why yes, that is a condom hanging from the sheet of paper. Why? I don't know. Some guy asked me if it was used... How would I know?! Ew! Whatevs, I'm not really shocked. This is college after all. As for the rest of my evening, I did more homework, showered, talked to some girls on my hall, skyped Heather, watched TV with Danielle while doing more homework, and now I'm blogging. Did I ever mention that people think it's really funny that I blog? I tell them it's a great outlet and whatnot, but I just don't think they get it, haha. Okay, well I'm going to bed now. I have to be up at 7:45. Goodnight lovelies! Muah!

1 comments:

Taylor Vance said...

Molly made this sign... hahahahha

Post a Comment