Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"You love to use semicolons...."

Why yes, Professor Schultz, I do. Too bad I've been using them incorrectly this whole time! Ugh! Haha, he even printed me out a packet on how to properly use them. At least he was nice about it :) Plus, he was able to laugh along with me; haha. (I couldn't tell you if that was proper usage or not. Let's assume it is!)

Anyways, I'm going to try to make this brief, because I have to be up in six hours, and I'd hate to fall asleep in class again. I love Brianna, Brittany, and Andrea. They just crack me up all the time. Whether it's eating lunch together, exchanging continuous sarcasm, or throwing a sticker back and forth at each other, they succeed in making me happy :) I decided I'm not trying out for Madison Dance, and here's why: 1) It costs $30 a semester. 2) They practice from 9-11 PM. 3) It would be two nights a week, and one of those days would be right after my small group; thus not allowing me to do homework from 6-11 PM on Monday nights. 4) I don't want to spread myself too thin... It turns out Katie isn't doing it anymore either, haha. She came in here to tell me that as I was getting ready to leave. Funny, isn't it? Anyways, I went to a "mocktail" for Sigma Alpha Omega {the christian sorority on campus} tonight. It was quite fun! I met some of the sisters, and they all seem really sweet. And, more importantly, they seem to very dedicated to their faith. I think that, should I receive a bid, this sisterhood would be a great support system in my continued walk with Christ. Any way to draw closer to Him and experience His glory is something I am interested in! And you know, it's kind of hard to find other people who are striving to follow Jesus on a campus of this magnitude... at least outside of campus ministries. At any rate, I really must sleep. I love you all!
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.  
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.  
There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—  
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
{Ephesians 4:1-6} 

1 comments:

Kelly said...

a semi colon separates two complete sentences; the sentences should be related to one another.

Post a Comment