Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Once upon a Monday dreary...

I only say that because of the rain, haha. Speaking of which, I was so excited to wear my rain boots! Too bad they gave me a blister after simply walking to and from my first class! Womp womp. Well, after taking care of that, facebook browsing, blogging, and skyping Kelly, I went to D-hall for lunch with Daniel. I swear, I have never encountered so many Hermitage people on campus in such a short time frame, haha. It was fun though. We talked about retreat, classes, and things of that nature. Then I had my government class, which wasn't too unbearable. After that, it was time to really start studying for my PSYC test tomorrow. Ugh, please pray that I will do well! I only get three grades for the whole semester, and this is the first of them. At 6, Taylor and I walked together to go met up with our small group. We ate dinner together before heading over to our reserved classroom, where we had a fun period of learning a little more about each other before hearing Melissa and Betsey's testimonies. I love hearing people's stories. You learn so much about their struggles and their faith, and it's always cool to see barriers being broken down. That way, you can truly know and understand that person because they were willing to share their vulnerabilities. These are some verses that my leaders used as tools of inspiration and guidance:

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted 
       and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
{Psalm 34:18}

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
{Romans 8:28}

18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
{Romans 8:18}

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
{1 Peter 5:8-10}


13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.
{Galations 5:13}


13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
{Jeremiah 29:13}


I suppose now it is time for me to bid thee goodnight. But before I depart, please enjoy these lovely bits of music that I have been listening to throughout the day. I do love Disney :)



Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment