Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Smile, you look sexy today!"

I wish I knew who wrote that on my white board! Haha.

Okay, so waking up this morning was not fun. I always feel like molasses when I get up at 7:45. Not only that, but my eyes are all glazed and my energy levels are less than adequate. At any rate, SOCI was pretty good today. I love that Isaac applied this story to our class discussion:

Mark 12:41-44 (NIV) 
 41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,[a]worth only a fraction of a penny.
 43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

That made me happy :) After class, I walked back with Isaac and one of my new sisters, Katelyn. We chatted, we laughed, and it was lovely. I just kind of took it easy until my writing class, where I got assigned a 3-4 page draft due wednesday. So dumb! Anyways, I had lunch in D-hall with Andrea and Danielle, and that is always fun. Government wasn't too bad I suppose, but I really need to study for that test on friday! Ahhhh! Moving on, I skyped with Heather at 3 :) I do love skype! God, thank you for its creator! Then, I hung out in Brittany and Brianna's room for a bit before going to dinner with my small group! Once we finished eating, we were split up into teams to do a photo scavenger hunt! My team didn't win, but we certainly had fun! The tasks included (but were not limited to): taking a picture in the fountain in front of Burruss, on the stage in Wilson, on railroad tracks, playing frisbee with someone, playing ring-around-the-rosie with random people, with the James Madison statue, with a Duke's employee, ballroom dancing with someone in Top Dog, with someone who has a beard, a boy kissing one of our hands, and building a pyramid in front of D-hall. Haha! Needless to say it was quite amusing. everything, that is, except for when we trying to find "James Madison" to get our picture with her {since that was one of the tasks}. Her roommate happened to think is was mean and rude for trying to exploit her that way. I'm sorry, but she kind of exploits herself by dressing in the full-garb. And our intent isn't to mock or demean her in any way! Quite the contrary, we think she's pretty awesome, haha. But anyways, once we all shared our pictures with Melissa and Betsey, we went to an empty classroom to decorate journals that they bought for us! They're going to be out way of taking notes and whatnot on retreat and for the rest of the year! It was fun! Mine looks like this:
So yeah :) Taylor, Kim, and I walked back to Lakeside together, and since then I have showered and done very little homework, haha. I'm laughing now, but I am going to hate my life come tomorrow when I have to come up with that paper. Ugh, well there isn't much I can do about it now! I am going to catch some shut-eye. I love you all so very much! Goodnight!

P.S.- If you all don't mind, could you be praying for my sister, Candice? She just has a lot going on right now, and she needs the help and support of the Lord now more than ever... When it rains, it pours.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
{Jeremiah 29:11}

1 comments:

Kelly said...

i'm praying! and btw, jeremiah 29:11 is my all-time favorite verse EVER :)

Post a Comment