Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"I do not think all boys are cute! ..."

"I just don't happen to think that my boyfriend is cute." Bahaha! I love hearing random bits of other people's conversations :) Things like this humor me.

Today was a pretty normal tuesday here at JMU. I got up at 10, turned in a paper around 11, went and picked up lunch with Brittany around 11:30, worked on homework, and went to my classes from 2-4:45. Then, once all of the scheduled normalities were taken care of, I went and had dinner in E-hall with some girls on our floor and out FROGs! I have missed them; quite a bit actually. But yes, we had a lovely meal filled with status updates and cheerful banter. Afterwards, we all headed over to Student Org Night. For those who may not know, this is an evening in which the hundreds of student organizations here at JMU set up  tables and get other students to join. It was crazy! I had people handing me papers and information sheets left and right! Everything from Christian organizations, to dance clubs, to social issue groups, to charities, to gospel choirs, to ultimate frisbee for crying out loud! Needless to say, I had some serious decision-making to do; which most of you know is definitely not my strong point. It didn't prove too difficult to narrow down though; taking into account my already existing commitment to InterVarsity. I decided to not join anything that will interfere with that; especially my small group! So, there was some prioritizing to be done as well. As you can see, I successfully narrowed down my options:
As of right now, it looks like I will look into Sigma Alpha Omega {a Christian sorority that isn't associated with the mainstream greek system}, Invisible Children, and I am considering trying out for Madison Dance {either lyrical, hip hop, or both}. Hopefully, this won't completely overwhelm me, but I suppose we shall see! And for those of you who are sitting there thinking that I'm insane you should know that I said know to multiple other things {Mozaic Dance Crew, the JMU dance company, cheerleading, etc.}, so in the grand scheme of things.... this isn't so bad! Plus, I don't have to attend every scheduled event for Invisible Children, so I can still opt out of certain things if necessary. Moving on, after Brittany, Brianna, and I left that event, we trekked on over to the library until 9:30. Why? Well, it's because nobody was allowed in our dorm until then because they were testing the fire alarms and checking our rooms for fire hazards. Ugh. I cannot get anything done in the library. It's just too quiet! It's okay though, all of my homework is completed, I have showered and whatnot, and now it is time for bed. My love for you all is forever lasting :) Sweet dreams to you all!

Oh, and p.s.- Did you know that trains actually come right through the center of our campus? In the middle of the day?! Well, Brittany and I found that out today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment