Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I don't want to hear male voices in the tunnel!"

Well, today was fairly decent I suppose. Getting up at 7:45 was miserable; even after getting six hours of sleep. I was fighting off sleep in SOCI, yet losing to the unbearable weight of my eyelids several times. It wasn't until I had to walk back across campus to get to my dorm that I felt remotely awake. However, as soon as I got in my room, I threw myself on the bed and took a 20 minute power nap until 10:40; at which point I woke up to go to my writing class. The drowsiness was still a bit of an issue in there, but lunch seemed to help things. I ate with Andrea, Danielle, and Brianna in D-hall. The food was so good today! It made me happy :) Then, after my easy government class, I came back and worked on PSYC homework until 6; which is when I met up with my small group for dinner and tunneling!
{"Fat lard pictuuure!" Haha, we take attractive photos; I know.}

Yes, all 20 of us were creeping through a dark, underground tunnel; all the while holding hands and following the guide of a single flashlight. It was a little creepy, and we all had out feet submerged in puddles at one point or another, but it was fun. It was sort of a metaphor for what our small group was about: trusting and supporting each other while following and leading others to the light that is Jesus Christ :) We had several new additions to our small group tonight. It just grows more and more each week! And even though it's a tad overwhelming keeping up with everyone, it makes me happy just the same. I love meeting new people and making new friends :) Well, after I came back to the dorm,  I conversated with Andrea, Brittany, and Brianna, showered, and had myself some tea before getting back to my PSYC homework. It's all done now, and I'm looking forward to getting a substantial nights sleep! And as I am typing this, Andrea is finishing up her auditions for a capella groups! Eeeep! And Megan is waiting to hear back from the Mozaic hip hop dance team! Ahh! I pray that they get put in their respected groups! At any rate, I love you all! Pleasant dreams and many blessings :)


2 When you pass through the waters, 
       I will be with you; 
       and when you pass through the rivers, 
       they will not sweep over you. 
       When you walk through the fire, 
       you will not be burned; 
       the flames will not set you ablaze.


 3 For I am the LORD, your God, 
       the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; 
       I give Egypt for your ransom, 
       Cush and Seba in your stead.


 4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight, 
       and because I love you, 
       I will give men in exchange for you, 
       and people in exchange for your life.

{Isaiah 43:2-4}

1 comments:

E.B. said...

thanks for those verses :)

Post a Comment