Thursday, September 30, 2010

My brain is exhausted...

I shall skip over classes and whatnot that I had today, for that is all a blur now in these late hours. After working on some psyc homework for a bit (and seeing that I got an A on my first exam in that class!), I went by the commons and purchased a bracelet from the St. Bernadette Bracelet Company. These bracelets were made by children at the St. Bernadette School on the island of LaGonave, Haiti. Making these bracelets allows the students to earn money for themselves and their families who typically live on less than $30 a month due to the little job availability on the island. Out of the $5 I spent, $4 of it is going directly back to Louis Tendy, the boy who made my bracelet. The other dollar is going to be used to purchase the supplies needed to make more. I love supporting organizations like this :) From there, I went and met with my Big, Ariel, for some chat time. I interviewed her, and got to know a little more about her; we have to interview all the sisters and candidates before we can be initiated into SAO, you see. I want to share her favorite piece of scripture with you:


       Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 
       but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
        {Proverbs 31:30}

I love that verse :) I'm not sure if I have really read it before tonight, but there seems to be a very real truth rooted in it-- as is true of all scripture I suppose :) I really enjoyed just taking some time to relax and talk; that isn't something I get to do often here. I feel like I'm always either sleeping, eating, in class, or doing homework (when I'm not at an IV or SAO event, that is). Moving on, I ran into Melissa and Betsey (my small group leaders) on my way out of TDU, and I hugged them both and conversed for a bit. That also made me happy :) From there, I got dinner at Duke's with Brianna before walking over to the library to get some homework done. I think I might actually like the library. I'm considering spending a good chunk of tomorrow there. Random fun fact: the Starbucks in Carrier library stays open 'til 1 AM. That's what I'm talking about :) Anyways, since I've been back in my room I have been doing pretty much non-stop homework, ad I may very well do some reading after I shower and before I go to bed. I'm not really sure. Goodnight my loves! I hope all is well (or as good as it can be). I love you! Enjoy this presentation of my small group's skit from retreat making fun of freshman life....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=421788033413&subj=657906876

0 comments:

Post a Comment