Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I met this guy, and we went down the slip n' slide together..."

Yay for funny awkward moments at IV! Haha. Maybe you had to be there...

Hello all! Today was so nice! I hope you can say the same :) I didn't wake up until 11 {a new record for me here at JMU!}. I'm not surprised though, since I didn't get to bed until 4! Yeah, as some of you may already know, someone pulled the fire alarm not long after the SAO girls came and went. This means that we all had to evacuate the dorm, and that I had to go down {and come back up!} 16 flights of stairs at 3:30 AM. Not fun. But anyways(!), once I was up and got myself presentable, Brianna and I went to B-dubs for lunch! So yummy! And it was Brianna's first time ordering wings from there!
{Historical moments must be documented ;) }

Then, once we were all done, we walked back to Eagle to get some homework done before the IV bonfire at the Natural Chimneys :) It was so pretty! We did a little climbing {some more than others}. Have a look!
{Brianna and I}
{Brittany and I}
{You see that crazy person up there? Yeah, thats J. Blair. I was so scared the whole time he was up there. He had no clue how he was going to get down. I literally prayed that he wouldn't die or be injured on the way down.}
{See the blue shirt on the left peak? That's Jonathan trying to climb down. Funny story... he made a piece of rock break off. And I had to yell for this kid to watch his head so that he wasn't knocked out or worse. The rock missed him by maybe a foot. I was scared, not gonna lie. The good news is that he made it down okay. Yay for the power of prayer!}
Once we had completed our rock-climbing excursion, we ventured over to the fire and all sat in a circle. There, we sang worship to Jesus and a few freshmen shared their experiences with the Lord {and IV} since they've been at JMU. I didn't stand up to share, but my friend Sidney did! And when she was talking about what brought her to IV, she said that I was the one that sparked her interest! I just thought that was so cool. It made me really happy to know that I somehow helped influence her to become a part of a faith community that she has come to love :) Is that weird? Haha. I don't know, but I shall continue now. We ate s'mores together before everyone went their separate ways. Delicious! After Betsey dropped a bunch of us off at our dorms, I met up with Brittany and Brianna to go get some food at the Dog Pound. Good nachos. Awesome cookie. 'Nough said :) When we got back to the eighth floor, though, it was time to get some work done, shower, and facebook stalk of course :) And now, I really should go to bed. I'm going to the early service at Aletheia, and thus I must be up in less than seven hours. Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment