Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To whom it concerns,

You have full access to this post, but I doubt you'll take the time to read it-- either because of it's length or just because you don't care enough to take the time out to give it at least a skim. I want you to know a few things. Exclusivity is not attractive, nor is ignorance. The constant whispering, gossiping, eye-rolling, sighing, and general disrespect is hurting others-- people that I love and care about. I call you friends, but I'm starting to wonder. If I could confront you face-to-face I would. But that's not an option. Stop neglecting others opinions and feelings, and realize that you cannot simply linger in contentment for the rest of your days. Your life isn't perfect, you don't have it all together, and I know you have struggles; saying that you don't is a lie. I am tired of you making people I truly love and care about feel sad, alone, or outcasted. It kills me to know that you're inflicting those emotions, because I thought more highly of you. I love you, but I don't love the way you're acting.

And for the record, God calls us to spread His word. There's nothing wrong with doing so. If there were an issue with it, why would Christ have had disciples? Thus, I will take this opportunity to share some verses with you. It isn't meant to be "shoved in your face," but simply to make you aware. I hope you don't have a problem with that, because there's no reason to-- especially given your proclaimed faith.

Proverbs 3:6


  "in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight."

Acts 18:9


"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent."

2 Timothy 3:16

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

John 5:24


"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."


I do apologize if my implied tone was offensive or aggressive, for that is never my intention... Like I said before, I do love you-- very much so in fact. But a change needs to take place.

And for my dearest loves who have fallen victim to this situation:

2 Corinthians 4:8-11

"8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body."


Goodnight, dear friends. May your dreams be pleasant and peaceful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment