Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"This is Stephanie, and she would like to go to a Zenon-themed party."

Haha. This is how I got introduced to my small group today :) But I'll get to that in a bit!

Waking up at 7:45 this morning was a rather daunting task. My eyes were all glazy and saggy for a majority of the morning. I almost fell asleep in my writing class, haha. Luckily, though, we ended with something called "non-stop writing;" which I actually kind of liked. We got to write about whatever we wanted, and mine ended up being sort of a journal entry. It was in that span of fifteen minutes or so that I realized just how awful I am at staying on topic whenever I hand-write something; it really is awful. Oh well, that gives me something to work on I suppose! Michelle and I got lunch at Duke's, and then went to eat in her dorm since all of the tables were occupied. Government went by quickly, and then I was free! Well, mostly anyways. I was sure to get quite a bit of homework done once my classes were over, and I managed to knock out an essay and some notes before I met up with my small group for dinner! Taylor even decided to join in! That made me really excited :) We had lunch together in D-hall, and we followed that up with some play time on the quad and just getting to know each other a little better. Here are some quick highlights:

  • Half of our group had to temporarily walk around D-hall with toilet paper taped to their shoes, haha! {You see, they lost a challenge yesterday, and the winning half had to think of something funny that the other team had to do. The toilet paper concept was my idea... just saying ;) }
  • During an interesting version of tag, Samantha and I slammed into each other; at which point I stated, "Ahh! Our knees totally just made out!" {Well, girls laughed at me until their eyeballs leaked. I just hope it wasn't at my expense.... haha!}
  • These ladies just make me happy in general :)

I made lunch plans with a girl in my group named Sarah for thursday, so I'm pretty stoked about that :) There's also this retreat that we can go on towards the end of September, and I think I might just go! It sounds like it would be a lot of fun! And plus, I'm always up for strengthening relationships; both with God and my peers :) {We start our small group Bible study in three weeks! Yay!} But alas, we had to take our leave around 7:45, and thus it was back to hitting the books. I finished taking notes on the most redundant chapter of PSYC ever, and I just bumped out a writing assignment for my GCOM class. Woohoo! And now that I feel fairly satisfied with what I've gotten done, I shall now seek comfort in my twin extra-long :) Goodnight my dearest loves!
{Small Group Love!!!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment