Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here at home

nothing seems to change. On one had it's a good thing. My friends are still just as close and amazing as they were when I left! I had a lovely movie night with Kelly and Elsbeth tonight :) We watched "An Education;" the quaint little film that's set in 1960s England. Kelly wanted basically every item of clothing worn in that movie, and we all laughed over several things: 1) "Bye Graham!" 2) "You can practice with this." 3) "I would like to remain untouched until I'm seventeen." 4) "Can I have a peak?" 5) Basically just the overall creepiness of the pedofilistic {not a word, haha!} nature of their relationship. After the movie, we all measured each other's wing-span; trying to prove to Elsbeth that not everyone is a perfect square (your wing-span being the same number of inches as you are tall). To my dismay, Kelly and I were perfect squares. We aren't to sure about Elsbeth, haha. We measured her three times and got different lengths each time! How that happened, I have absolutely no idea. Sadly, Elsbeth had to depart after that; at which point Kelly and I took a stroll around her neighborhood and just talked about life in her driveway. That's one thing I miss when I'm away; just talking freely and personally in that sort of atmosphere. But yes, once we went back inside, we did some video watching via Google before I left not long after 1 AM. Oh, how I do love my friends! Like I said earlier though, that is on one hand of the "everything being the same" thing. I won't go too deep into it, but let's just say I got emotional {aka upset} after being home for a mere 30 minutes. I wish I could say that I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. My family drama will never cease; whether I'm her, at JMU, or somewhere out near Cairo. All I wanted was to have dinner with my mom and my sisters, and not even that could be done. I tried to talk it out with Candice; at which point she started yelling at me, telling me to "shut up," and really just trying to make me feel ridiculous for being upset. She was convinced that being away at college has made me forget how things work in our family; the way things are. Excuse me, I've only been gone for two weeks. Like I told her, I'm not an imbecile; nor am I remotely forgetful. Long story short, she said things to me that were upsetting, and I ended up just hanging up on her because I couldn't take it anymore. My mom knew that I had kind of been put in the middle of this whole scenario, so Jennifer and I went out and had a nice dinner at Casa Grande. I'm glad it was just the two of us. Jennifer does a good job at keeping my mind off of things like that. Anyways, sorry this blog didn't end on a happy note. I also apologize that I kind of went in reverse-order of this evenings events. At any rate, I love you all very much! And I really do hope I get to see at least most of you before I leave. Pleasant dreams!

0 comments:

Post a Comment