Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Twas the 4th of July

Today mostly consisted of reading. Ugh. In the past two days, I've read over 200 pages of this book we have to read for internship, and I'm so happy I finally finished it. I'm just praying there isn't a quiz... I also had to memorize more verses... Lord, help me get through tomorrow without losing money.

Kathryn had dinner with me tonight at my padre's :) Nothing too crazy occurred, we just watched the Hey Arnold movie and some of New Moon before enjoying supper and heading out for the evening with Brad and Nathan. We ended up driving downtown despite the rain. There were no fireworks at Dogwood Dell, and the ones at the Diamond were canceled too. But we had some fun in the parking lot of the Diamond, dancing and whatnot. A stranger ran over to us and yelled, "cat daddy!", at which point he proceeded to dance with us for a hot second. Haha. I got a huge kick out of that. We then indulged in some Sweet Frog before a mini-adventure at Pony Pasture... Now listen, I'm all for the river, but not when it's pitch black and we only have two little flashlights. We went down this path through the wooded area, and I was clinging to Nathan for dear life. For those who don't know, I have a horrible fear of snakes (that just so happen to inhabit that general area). Thankfully we made to the water and back unscathed, and we chatted in the church parking lot for a bit before calling it a night.

The fact that I'll be waking up in less than five hours saddens me... Well, at least I know that tomorrow will be busy and include some lovely hangout time with friends :) That will get me through the sluggish feeling I will undoubtedly encounter in the morning. Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment