Wednesday, July 6, 2011

128 miles never seemed so far.

The mere thought is more daunting than I had anticipated.
Being so content in the present, I find it hard to give the future an eager glance.
Though glimmering snippets draw my excitement,
I feel as though I have the sun blazing right here at my side.
It is true that nothing ever truly comes easy, nor will I ever be truly harmed.
But the longing that will undoubtedly settle within creates anxiety.
Though not overwhelmingly severe, it looms unpleasantly.
A test, a trial, a challenge: whatever this is deemed.
It won't be any easier the second time around.
I'm still half a journey away, so I'll take comfort in the last leg.
Rejoicing in today, I will take this scripture to heart:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
{Matthew 6:34}

0 comments:

Post a Comment