Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kids Camp Recap

  • Shannon spent at least half and hour cutting my split ends Sunday night.
    • We even got to converse for a bit afterwards, which I loved :)
  • I had the youngest group of girls.
    • They were pretty cute, I must say.
  • I didn't have to clean up any accidents/illness related messes. Praise!
  • I enjoyed seeing the dance ministry group portray the Parable of the Sower :)
  • I was pleasantly surprised by my girls' willingness to contribute ideas in morning devotions.
    • And I got to learn quite a bit about them through that.
  • I surprisingly didn't lose my voice despite the countless cheers that were screamed.
    • Those things will probably be stuck in my head for at least another week.
  • My girls loved singing "Counting on God" during any down time they had.
    • It was the most adorable thing ever.
  • I seriously felt like a parent of 8 the whole week.
  • Being with that many kids 24/7 is exhausting and a little overwhelming sometimes.
  • Seeing kids really worshipping is such a lovely sight!
    • Between the jumping, clapping, dancing, and raising of hands... it's just really awesome to witness.
  • Cabin clean-up was the most intense and precise thing EVER.
    • My group did win cleanest cabin on Thursday. Holla!
  • This experience showed me that "youth" is definitely more of my thing.
    • Camp certainly wasn't bad, just very different.
  • Coming home was a huge sigh of relief.
    • I'm so happy I could be welcomed back by so many of my loves :)
    • I even got an attack hug from Heather :)

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

Sneak Attack!

Post a Comment