Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day 2011

Well, today was Chick-fil-a's Cow Appreciation Day! So I spent a good chunk of my day getting free stuff from them :)
 Sweet tea!!! Hey, kidney stones ;)

Jesse! Kathryn and I visited him, Julie, and Josh while they were working :)

I loved getting free food, bumping into people I knew, and conversing with other fellow cows, but I think my favorite part of this endeavor was serving someone I had never met before. Cory is currently homeless and staying in a motel with his girlfriend until they are able to get jobs. He started telling me about how he moved here to live with her, only for them to find out that she was being evicted. She is currently in a custody battle for her children, since the father is an alcoholic, and Cory told me he sits at the intersection with his sign to try and get money to pay for the motel they're staying in. He has hitch-hiked across the country, from Colorado, to Washington, to California, to Kansas, to Virginia. His story was just so crazy, and I loved that he was willing to share it with me. Here I am, a girl dressed like a cow walking up to him and asking is I could get him some lunch, and he was just so kind and appreciative. He warmed my heart, truly. Because despite his situation, he has such a positive personality. We stood and talked for probably at least 10 minutes talking about all sorts of things, and we were both just laughing and enjoying the conversation. I'm really glad I got a chance to meet him :)

Around 1 or so, I made my way down to the TT Lounge (still in my cow suit, mind you) to grab some Boba for myself and Heather :) She didn't know I was coming over, so I just quietly walked into her house and made my way to her room (super stealth status!) to surprise her, haha! We just hung out and talked while she packed and drank her boba :) I love being able to simply sit and talk with Heather. It's one of my favorite things to do, and it makes me very happy :) And I'm also glad I got to see her today because she will be on a plane to Guatemala in a few short hours for a week-long missions trip. I will miss her terribly, but I know that God has some incredible things in store for that team :) Please be keeping them in your prayers!

Aside from all that, there was a movie night at Kathryn's tonight. I will just say this: I have some some hysterical friends. Haha. They are just too much :) I love it. We eventually put in the movie Battle Los Angeles, and I ended up falling asleep in the chair. Typical. I woke up right at the credits, and ended up not going to Krispy Kreme with everyone because I felt so exhausted. Yet despite coming home "early," I am still awake. Fail. Haha. Oh well :) Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment