Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Car issues of doom.

Taylor and I decided to have a dinner date at Sticky Rice tonight, right? Well, as we're driving down the Boulevard, my car starts going (as Taylor would word it), "putt, putt, putt, RPM, vroom!" Basically, it felt like I was pumping the break when really I was just trying to drive down the road. Well, we notice that my car is extremely low on oil. So what do we do? Well, we walked a mile to a gas station, got the oil, and brought it back to fill up my car. (Keep in mind the heat index was over 100 degrees.) The oil seemed to do the trick; we got to Sticky Rice just fine. After we enjoyed our meal, we made it most of the way home before the second episode occurred. Oh yes, in the middle of one of the busiest intersection near my house, my car started "putt, putt, putt"-ing again. This time, it was accompanied by this:
And this:
Needless to say, I pulled over ASAP and called my madre. She poured half a gallon of water into my cooling system, and it definitely helped with the overheating. Unfortunately, the check engine light is still on, but I'm hoping it will just have to be reset tomorrow. Fingers crossed! The only thing that really bugs me about this whole fiasco is that, having walked essentially 2 miles in flat, Target brand sandals, I now have a blister on both balls of my feet. Fail. I will say, though, I'm thankful that I had Taylor with me. She helped keep me sane and calm. I do love that girl :) She's always there for me when I need her!

The night was not a total bust though, I am happy to say! Kelly came over and, after talking to a long lost friend and discussion the rapid depletion of true childhood, we watch an episode of Buffy! Season 2, episode 1 to be exact :) I love that Kelly and I can do simple things like that and be totally content. After all, when it comes to Buffy, we're still dedicated fans :)

And with that, I shall say farewell! Goodnight all :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment