Friday, July 15, 2011

Cosmetic confidence.

I wish that young women didn't feel as though they need make-up to be beautiful. Not that make-up should be never worn or done-away with, but it's become a dependence--something we'e convinced ourselves we need in order to look socially acceptable. I hear people doubt their beauty and mention their embarrassment when they forget to apply make-up. It breaks my heart because these are girls whom I consider to be some of the most gorgeous individuals I know. If I'm being honest, I have at times been jealous of and even intimidated by them. I just wish that we could walk out of our houses and not feel panicked if we happen to find ourselves with a bare face. I wish that we could all have that confidence and comfort, because we don't need cosmetics to determine our level of self-esteem. Those who love you won't notice such petty things, because they aren't the things that matter. It's you that matters.

1 comments:

E.B. said...

:) i love you

Post a Comment